Clear all

I Don't Mind

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sjboller)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This one is played (as usual) with a loose acoustic guitar strummin' and my persistent wine of a voice. MP3 available if desired.

Intro:
Asus2 C G D

Verse 1:
Asus2 C G D
It's not safe enough to bring you here
Asus2 C G D
You're not yourself. No, you're not but you're halfway there
Asus2 C G D Asus2
I don't mind this time if I can't slow all your fears
C G D
I don't mind, I don't mind at all.

Verse 2:
Asus2 C G D
Sold your friends. You have no friends. Don't pretend...
Asus2 C
It's all right - I know you'd fight
G D
Until the bitter end.
Asus2 C G D
But you are still so far away
Asus2 C G D D
Let me come in before it all fades

Chorus:
G D C2 G
Freedom's a word I thought I heard you say
G D C2 G
Then you turned and you walked away
G D C G
Love is a word I don't hear anymore
G D C2 C2
Seems that hour has gone away

Verse 3
I'm not cold enough to keep you here
I'm not myself. No, I"m not but I'm always scared.
I don't mind this time if I can't slow all your fears
I don't mind. I don't mind at all.

I guess my biggest problem is with the chorus. I always have problems with chorus'. I actually took the chorus from the verse of another song I was writing just to see if fit. Let me know any thoughts, suggestions, gripes. Or just drop me a line to tell me to shut the hell up. Peace.

(@sjboller)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

By the way .. I did take the time to put the chord changes over the lyrics at the right places. Apparently, the forum will change delete extra spaces after your submit. Lesson learned .... too lazy to fix it though ...

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member

I'm very interested in that mp3, i would like to hear it. And I think that's actually a realy good idea to take a verse from another song and make it the chorus for urs. I mean of course u might want to change it a bit lol but its still a pretty good idea... It's one way to get inspired to write a song anyway :P

I know it wasn't reason,
That made me do what wasn't right
but sometimes my heart falls prone
to the nature of your spite.

ReplyQuote
(@sjboller)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

No prob .. thanks for taking the time to listen. It's sent. I've been listening to it a few times since and I still don't like the chorus ... eh . back to to the drawing board ...

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member

There's only a few things i noticed after listening to your song. Over all it is really good, koo-doase (i dont know how to spell that so i figured i'd spell it how it sounds so u know wat im trying to say) to you. The things i did notice about it were small, one is that sometimes you sang different words than wat were on ur lyrics, which really isn't a problem, me being a writer and singer myself i know that it happens, and sometimes its for the better. so don't worry bout that at all.. ur chorus however, that is a hard one to critique on simply because if it weren't for you labeling it i wouldn't have known what part of the song was the chorus. It didn't stick out at all, the lyrics were different, but you had no change in mood for it, you only used it once, where as usually a chorus is said atleast twice in a song... I really hope you don't take this offensive as it was well done, its got a good flow to it and i love that you kept that flow going - i know people that seem to loose their original thing after a while and it makes everythin fumble over eachother... the fact that you didn't seem to have trouble with that is great, again, well done. :)

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote
(@sjboller)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks. Yep, that damned chorus. I'm gonna trash it completely. Well, not "trash" trash it .. but it's history for that song. You didn't come out and say it .. but you hit my achilles heel on the button. SONG DYNAMICS. I tend to get into a groove and just continue with that, and find it often difficult to break out of that little mold I've created for myself. I know I can change up the strumming patterns or switch to picking individual notes or whatever ... or simply add more power (volume) to the singing bit, etc. Something for sure to work on. Does anyone else have suggestions when it comes to things like that??

Thank you!!
By the way .. since you don't play guitar do you at least record your singing so we all can get a melody with your writings?

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member

Thing is, I have a microphone and i have a recording program... but for some reason I cant get my damned microphone to pick up the sounds i want. it is sooo weird, I speak into it and it hears nothing, but for some reason it hears my t.v. , really really quietly but it still hears the t.v. over me, and im right infront of it! when it doesn thear the t.v. its hearin whatever is coming out of the speakers for teh music i have playing on my computer. i dont get it :S ... i had a microphone a long time ago, and it worked fine, than one day it just stopped working, (i think it melted) and ever since i got this new one i have had nothin but problems... does this problem sound familiar to anyone> or are you able to help out in anyway? please do, because if i can just figure this out i would be able to record my singing no problem... *sigh*

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote