Clear all

i regret loving you ( 5 minute jot down) full song

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hello,just a quick 5 minute jot down and came up with this,i think its pretty cool so thought id get some feedback of all you GN peeps

thanks.....gaz :)

i regret loving you

v1
you pull the wool over my eyes
but it came as no surprise
but a small shock to the system
i was there when you kissed him

v2
i saw you last thursday
closing his garden gate
did you think i was oblivious?
you made it f#*king obvious!

chorus
and..why did i feel for you?
and..why did i kneel for you?
cos i was a no-one
i regret what ive done...i regret loving you

v3
never mind...good luck together
it will never ever last forever
i hope i catch him alone someday
"shes a f*#k up of the mind" ill say

v4
dont worry..it wont be so long
i know you know that you did wrong
you think you got away scot free?
come on...seriously..this is me baby...

chorus rpt x2
and..why did i feel for you?
and..why did i kneel for you?
cos i was a no-one
i regret what ive done...i regret loving you

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Hi Gaz

I liked the first verse and your chorus but after that well I think the song went a little hay wire from there , there rhyme in verse 1 is aa-bb

Verse 2
is a little mixed with a cc rhyme with nothing else

Verse 3

aa-bb

verse 4

aa-bb

Verses 2 and 3 say nothing to me as the use swearing to me just does not work for me in your song . I am sure there is a better way of potraying your feelings and emotions . :oops:

Last line verse 3 I do not understand at all , is this female ( you refer to ) messed up in the mind ? :?

Over all I think you are trying to feeling of mistrust , and for most of it you say it well but then as mentioned previously there are lyrics that bring your song down . As a draft it's good but with a little work it would be a lot better .

The English language is a wonderful thing and if you can not get a rhyme then check out rhyme.com , it's pretty handy.

take my comments as you find them I do not mean to be cruel in my opinion and staements , but like a old 80 's song sometimes
"you have to be cruel to be kind "

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@kawaiirandomness)

hmm...just a humble noob's opinion here, but what about changing the second verse? it falls out of the general rhyme scheme with having no rhyme to it at all. maybe changing it from:

i saw you last thursday
closing his garden gate
did you think i was oblivious?
you made it f#*king obvious!

to:

i saw you last thursday
slamming shut his door
do you think me so oblivous?
baby girl, you're a little wh*re!

or something like that. other then that i really cant find anything i dislike about this song, becides the last line of verse 3. it is sort of confusing. what about: " 'she's a mental mess up for you' i'll say"? i love the chorus. it flows nicely.

much love,
Kawaiirandomness :wink:

The insanity is coming to a city near you. Be afraid. Very afraid.

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey thanks for the replies,ok..verse 2 ryhmes the way i personally sing it..when recorded youll see..well hear.. that it does fit into my style of singing,and the swearing is just me as a person and the whole jist of the song will be libertines like.. and the 'closing his garden gate' line....she cheated on me and this really happened,it is a feeling of mistrust as she couldnt be trusted...as for verse 3

never mind...good luck together
it will never ever last forever
i hope i catch him alone someday
"shes a f*#k up of the mind" ill say

its an image of telling the guy she cheated on me with,that shes a f*#k up of the mind...as in she cant be trusted,personally i thought it was an easy song to understand,the music revolves around the whole ryhming of the song.

cheers

gaz

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
(@specialk)
Estimable Member

I dont know if you were trying to rhyme oblivous with obvious, but if you were, they dont rhyme.

Special K

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

no..i wasnt,that part wasnt supposed to rhyme,ive got the music down and everything for this song and it all fits perfect

ReplyQuote
(@specialk)
Estimable Member

OK :D

Special K

ReplyQuote