Clear all

I wrote a nice song.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I wrote a nice, 55 second instrumental song, recorded it, named it, and now I wanna put it up here and get some feedback, but, well, to put it bluntly, i don't want it stolen.

Am I protected when I put a song up here?

Hey.

(@Anonymous)

I don't believe that your material is copyright protected when you post it. I dunno about other sites but on Soundclick.com (where you host the file to put on here) users are able to download an mp3 of the song.

But I would put it up anyway, I don't believe that anyone would "steal" the song, although if people like it some would probably try and play it, but that just shows how good it is!

Stick around, and you'll get to see that everyone here at guitarnoise is trustworthy; after all, we're all just here to rock right? :)

Pete

ReplyQuote
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey, your name is pete too? so is mine!

alright, i'll stick around and i'll post it up when I don't feel like a lost child.

Hey.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you don't want it stolen, have it registered. This will cost you some cash for every song. On the other hand, how big would you estimate the odds that some producer is walking here and your song is just what he felt like stealing? Most labels have established producers that are able to produce most of what we all do here in less then a fraction of the time it took us. If you really think it is a superbly high-quality song with hit-potential then register it. If not, just post it here. :D

ReplyQuote
(@amazing_ness)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeesh. I wish I could take this post back.

I feel incredibly stupid for asking. I should have thought of it first.

I'm sorry, I'm pretty embarrased right about now. :oops:

Can we just forget this ever happened? (I wish....)

Hey.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

I felt the same way when I started posting my songs...actually I still do. I guess I'd just rather have the feedback and trust others tho I don't feel like it.

ReplyQuote