Clear all

In My Head

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I wrote this when I was in prison - didn't have access to a guitar for 2 months, but I did have pen and paper.......

There is a tiny possibility that this song may actually be used on the soundtrack of a film which is in the planning stages at the moment, I can't actually say any more than that - but I really am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

IN MY HEAD

You can take my freedom,
Lock me up inside,
Though cold stone walls surround me,
You'll never take my pride,

You'll never crush my spirit,
Not until I'm dead,
No you'll never crush my spirit,
'Cause I'm still free......In my head.

Strip me of my pleasures,
Take away my luxuries,
One thing you'll never take away,
Is the man inside of me,

Not until I'm dead,

(Bridge)

You can take away, all my material things,
But not my imagination, soaring away on wings......

Take from me my liberty,
Keep me from my family,
But try as hard as you might,
You'll never take my dignity.....

Not until I'm dead,

The strange thing about this song is, I always thought it was inspired by a Nelson Mandela quote.....was watching an old episode of Quantum Leap recently, the one where Sam's in Vietnam and a female photographer wins a posthumous Pulitzer Prize.....one of the photographs showed Al being taken off to captivity, and Sam said something to him, to which Al replied, "No, I was always free (points to his head) in here......."

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you all think of this one.......

And for all those who may think Prison doesn't work, let me assure you it bloody well does - I have no desire to ever sample its delights ever again...!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@tokai-12-string)
Estimable Member

Hey Vic

Very nice song, Very positive outlook from a very negative place.
There is a tiny possibility that this song may actually be used on the soundtrack of a film which is in the planning stages at the moment, I can't actually say any more than that - but I really am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
I'll keep mine crossed for you too.
And for all those who may think Prison doesn't work, let me assure you it bloody well does - I have no desire to ever sample its delights ever again...

I have a brother who will second that sentiment.
Unfortunately It doesn't help everyone.

Tokai 12 String

Don't you ever give up on yourself

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=358286

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member

hey vic, very nice song,kinda lets you get a feel for the place......not very nice.. was a good read (fingers crossed for you mate) :D

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
(@nitetrapper)
Estimable Member

Vic, Great song I think it will leave a person with a sense of pride. No matter what They're situation is. Good luck with it. Take care Nite.............................

lyrics belong in songs, poems bolong in bookstores

ReplyQuote