Clear all

inspiration from old material

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@outoftheloop)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

recently i've found myself with a bad case of writer's block.. partially because of the mundanity of my life at this point (lack of inspiration) and partially from over-analyzing my own composing style..

so i've been listening to all my old recordings and demo cd's, hearing songs i had forgotten i'd written. what an inspiration! along the way i had strayed from the path of making good, original music, into making processed, cookie-cut pop music.

well no more.

i recommend you all go back and listen to(or if you just write, go back and read) your old material. and if you don't keep your creations, i suggest hanging on to them.

you never know how important your future's past may become.

-kyle

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Yeah it really does help. I recently had an Idea and wrote down a verse then I got the rest of the song from little bits of my other SSG songs that I didn't post but did everyweek lol up until like halfway through may or something. I also felt most of them didn't make the cut. but taking good parts from not so good songs seems to make one good song. Don't you agree? mabye Ill post it once I revise it.

Bstguitarist
Good luck!
:idea:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@outoftheloop)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

lol..
taking good parts from not so good songs seems to make one good song. Don't you agree?

yes.. sometimes arranging a song like a jigsaw puzzle DOES work out quite nicely..

i usually try to avoid that though.. too much calamity.

sometimes it's hard to find my way out of the dead woods.

kyle

ReplyQuote