Clear all

just a thought...

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have been having this incredible urge to write all the time, and i have so many new songs here; but unfortunately i don't play an instrument, and as i sit here readin them, Im very curious to see what would happen if i did put instruments in the background.... Than I see others on here looking for band members to start their own band - well i realize that everyone doesn't live in the same place and everything, but if there was a guitar player, a singer, and a drummer (or just as an example i will use those 3) on this website, all searching for a band they want to make, why don't you make a few friends, and share eachothers music, its possible to mix and match everyones work and make a killer song or piece of any sort really. has anyone tried? or has it been attempted and failed many times over? ..anyway the reason I was thinkin about this is because, like i said i have all these songs and nothin to go with them, maybe someone else has a beat or melody - anything like that , and they want lyrics to it... a few heads are better than one, we could probably get a good bunch of things working together. lol making and 'internet band' .... and maybe im really over tired and this post is all gonna be a waste of time, but for some reason i felt i could bring this up...

I know it wasn't reason,
That made me do what wasn't right
but sometimes my heart falls prone
to the nature of your spite.

(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Well, in the online collaborations section there are people who put up a back track and record. It could be done a track at a time if people wanted to record. The only problem is that everyone would have to have some idea of what was going on before hand (the drummer would have to know the beat everyone was thinking about before laying it down, the bass player would need to know the feel and key before laying something down, etc).

It could be done though, and thats the point of this. Surely someone would be interested in arranging a few of the songs and running the ideas past you. Then maybe you can get a few people to lay down tracks after it's arranged.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

that's possible tho, lets say a guitar player had some tune in mind and wanted for someone to put another beat behind it, than he just has to find a drummer... I'm sure if we work together in a step by step thing, and slowly add more to it we could definately pull it off. I think it would be interesting, i'd love to see where it could go. :)

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

If it's something I could do, I'd participate. I'm not very good, and I work a LOT, but if you can find some people I'll be glad to help lay down some tracks and get something started.

When you write the songs, do you have a melody that goes through your head?

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

that's the only way i can write songs is when i have a melody to work off of. lol sad thing is later on after writin them i forget tho melody's - tho not all the time... But if someone had a tune they were thinkin of already, i heard it and they needed lyrics to go with it, i'd be able to come up with somethin working off of their tune - well on most stuff anyway, as some people are more 'hardcore' than others and tell the truth im not very good with the heavy rock sorta stuff... Do you play an instrument or sing or both - what has your interest the most?

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

and by the way, i myself work alot to, lol this is actualy my first day off in a week so im bein a bum and spendin it on my computer (figures) :P , but if we do get a chance to try this out than i wouldn't be too worried about that anyway, it'll take some time either way right?

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I play the guitar (if you can call it playing :) ), and sometimes I pick up my fiance's bass (which I do fairly well at considering I dont spend a lot of time with it).

I would sing, but the last time I tried we found a lot of dead animals in about a mile radius, so PETA came out and protested it. I agreed to never sing outside of the shower or my car again as long as they agreed to leave me alone about eating red meat.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@sjboller)
Trusted Member

I'd be down to for something of this nature. Stefy ... just buy a guitar. EVERYONE should have one. Even if you can' t play it. It's the law. :) And whenever I have doubts about my voice ... I just put in some Neil Young or the Smashing Pumpkins. :)

ReplyQuote
(@stefhy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

yay sjboller :) Im glad to hear i have some people supporting this - lets hope it goes far.... about the guitar tho, lol I really can't play, but i am hopin to buy one and teach myself, (or hope to find someone to teach me for free :P ) but as for right now, I am saving up for one thing and one thing only, and unforunately i can't quite afford a guitar just yet. one day tho, i will stop breakin this oh so important law :P

I know it wasn't reason,

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

I'd be down to for something of this nature. Stefy ... just buy a guitar. EVERYONE should have one. Even if you can' t play it. It's the law. :) And whenever I have doubts about my voice ... I just put in some Neil Young or the Smashing Pumpkins. :) :D

Gee I 'm glad I own few guitars then would hate to break the law ,
does a $20.00 uke count as a guitar ? because if it does count then my 16 month old granson is not breaking the law as well . :oops:

Oh stefhy when you do go and buy a guitar ( make sure you go to Q&A for beginners first ) you can save a lot heart ache by asking questions before you part with your hard earnt cash . :wink:

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote