Clear all

My Attempt At A Song

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Figured I'd see you guys could help me out ...

Simple little thing I came up with a few weeks back. You guys are probably tired of hearing about my pending wedding, but I've been toying with the idea of writing a few acoustic tunes for my soon-to-be-wife. I've thought about recording them and putting them on a CD for her. I'm not a good singer, but I'll probably attempt it anyway. Just a small gift from me to her. I've probably got a start to about four songs. This is one of them. Yes, they're mushy and stuff, but bear with me. :) Be kind ...

"All Because Of You"

My life has changed
I'm no longer caged
within my fears
because you are here

As cliche as it sounds
True love I've found
I see through different eyes
A better world I now realize

All because
All because of you
My soul is no longer blue
Your light has seen through
All because
All because of you

It's strange how things change
when your heart is no longer chained
Things once painful
are now joyful

All because
All because of you
My soul is no longer blue
Your light has seen through
all because
all because of you

Still a work in progress, which is why I thought I'd open myself up for critique here. Any thoughts/suggestions/help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and I'm really having a hard time putting chords to these things. It seems like I can come up with some words, and I can come up with little tunes, but not put them together. Any tips?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Crank-n-Jam,
I'm not a good singer, but I'll probably attempt it anyway
Good idea! Gifts from the heart are better given.
All because
All because of you
My soul was dark and blue
but loves light has seen through
All because
All because of you

The first part of the chorus throws me because it kinda sounds like "all because of you my soul was dark and blue" but I know that's not what you meant because of the context of the whole song. I think it's not saying exactly what you want it to say.

This is a good start. As for putting chords to words, I start singing a melody and almost always, the lyrics end up changing to fit the music. Hope this helps. Happy writing, G.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The first part of the chorus throws me because it kinda sounds like "all because of you my soul was dark and blue" but I know that's not what you meant because of the context of the whole song. I think it's not saying exactly what you want it to say.

Good call! In my mind I knew what I meant, so I hadn't looked at what it said on paper. I'll most certainly reword that part.

Thanks for the reply!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote