Skip to content
New Song Writer, ta...

Notifications
Clear all

New Song Writer, take a listen! New Lyrics! Fun!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@decko777)
Topic starter  

Hey I just started writing songs a little while ago, I've played guitar for a few years off and on but I've been really into it lately. Anyway, I've been writing songs for about a year now and I'd like to have some opinions from people who don't know me. I haven't played too many gigs or anything, I just enjoy playing music and writing songs. Please bare with the quality, the only thing I have to record is a USB microphone, I just bought an Mbox 2 with protools and a couple nice microphones so hopefully i'll post some higher quality stuff soon. But to be honest! The quality isn't too bad for a free recording application(and i kind of dig that fact it feels slightly archaic).

http://www.myspace.com/derekdipietro

Cheers!!

Here are some song lyrics that aren't in the songs I have posted online if you want to check out some of the stuff I write:

Shut down the engine valves
Let me in the fine divines of your eyes
Seven wonders tossed across seven seas
You and me so far away from the land and trees
The clock strikes the flame ignites and I'll bite the bitterness when you've fled
And the little noise that's left in your head

Maybe someday our eyes might meet
But you're just another silhouette in the street

Beautiful blonde hair swings over two soft lines
That run down indelible freckled lips embellish a kiss
Because isn't life luminous and sweet in the sand when two hands collide?

So stuck inside my head
A dreamer's father can't do much but imagine
Touch embrace over twilight before you fathom
A romantic twist and turn open your debt raise your heart and yearn

I missed your spectral luminosity because I lack the variable velocity so to speak

Maybe someday our eyes might meet
But you're just another silhouette on the street

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Hey man - good stuff. I was thinking Paul Simon when I listened to some of it. "a few years of playing" - that's VERY good :-)

What do you use for drums? - real drums :roll:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@decko777)
Topic starter  

Hey wow thanks for the compliment! That's one of the nicest things I've ever heard. Yeah I use real drums. I can't afford a whole set of drums so it's a pseudo set(High-hat, snare, and a ride). I'm going to hopefully get a pedal and a bass drum soon. I never really played the set before, but I was in my high school's percussion ensemble until I was sixteen so I have some understanding of them. I hardly play them anymore, but I can get the job done in a simple manner. Guitar became my passion so I incorporate drums when I can, but not too often. Thanks for the reply!

ReplyQuote