Notifications
Clear all

one of my first songs (not complete)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@firstrays1)
Topic starter  

hey everyone. I'm pretty knew to writing lyrics so tell me what you think. thanks.

There where so many things I didn't tell you, and now I'll never get the chance
And so many things I never showed you, and now it's all part of the past
Was it a dream? A sureal story? Did it ever really happen at all?
Somone tell me did I even come close? Or was I always poised to fall? (Or was I always poised to fall?)

Every day, I walk by, the places where we played
And every day, Girl I cry, about the choice you have made
Girl with your smile, your big green eyes, the ones I want so much
Don't you know, you're killin' me, and I'd kill just for your touch

(Insert unwritten chorus here)

My heart keeps draggin me down the same old road, even though I say "No more!"
I think it goes in cirlces, I swear I've been here before

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.” -John Greenleaf Whittier

(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member

good start . sounds like you lived it, get the idea down and make sure its true to you :wink
make sure to tell us why they hurt you so bad .Good dream or nightmare

ReplyQuote
(@firstrays1)
Topic starter  

thanks. ya im going to try to make the story unfold as the verses go by. i think it might turn out to have alot of verses (think bob dylan) ya i did live it. well i am, its still going on and its pretty bad. im not sure if it was a good dream or bad, a bit of both i suppose. all i know is that it definatly feels like being in a dream. well thanks for the support. usually when i write i get discouraged and throw it away becasue i think it sucks

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.” -John Greenleaf Whittier

ReplyQuote
(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member

dont ever get rid of lyrics they can sound better l8r or you may use a line in a new song! It sucks to lose something you could use. I try to get down all my ideas. Most come to me after playing guitar all day right before i go to bed. I set a tape recorder next to my bed . Sometimes I wake up and listen to them and they are good , sometimes bad but I would lose all of it if I didnt record them.

ReplyQuote