Skip to content
Screw the Neighbour...

Notifications
Clear all

Screw the Neighbours (parental warning!) with MP3.....

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was talking to OneWingedAngel earlier on MSN - she said that'd make a good song title....I haven't written anything for the SSG for a few weeks, but, hey you take inspiration wherever you get it from.....

Screw The Neighbours!

Well the wife's out playing bingo,
And the daughters working tonight,
Just me and a bottle of booze,
Some guitars and I'm feelin' alright.....

Pick up the telecaster,
Might just let her rock,
Crank the amp up all the way to 10,
And to hell with the rest of the block,

Screw the neighbours,
They don't have to listen,
I say screw the neighbours,
They don't know what they're missing

Well I put new strings on yesterday,
And I'm about ready to roll,
And if the neighbours don't dance, all I can say,
They ain't got no souls....

They can always move away,
I ain't turning it down no way,

Well they can laugh at my hair,
I just don't care,
Don't give a shit what they think,
And if they start a fight,
'Cause they're in the right,
It'll be over in a blink.....

They can crawl back in their holes,
If they don't like rock'n'roll.....

Also thanks to OWA, she said the first chorus was a bit weak....so I changed it.....it was:

Screw the neighbours,
They can always buy earplugs.
Screw the neighbours,
They can go hide under a rug......

And yes, I do hate the neighbours.....they play loud music at 8am when they're getting the kids up for school, but they once reported me for having loud music on at 8pm.....and they play disco/garage/r'n'b rubbish that seems to consist of drums and bass....where's the guitars?
Like I said, "Screw the Neighbours" - they want a music war they can have one...keep waking me up, they'll find out just how loud a 15W Cube amp can be........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

YAY, Vic!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Vic!

Already has a good flow to sing with.

GN's theme song!?!?

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"GN's theme song!?!?"

OOH - I'd love to think so! For now, I'll settle for playing it VERY loudly tomorrow when I know the ******** neighbours are in.....and if they play one more westlife song, or that bloody titanic theme once more, I really won't be responsible.....

I really don't want to piss the neighbours off, but hey, they started it......

5.07 am - picks up Tele, plays "When the man comes around"....

5.07+ afew seconds....realise the cricket's on TV ....night alll!!!!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Nice one, Vic. It's amazing how loud a 15W guitar amp can sound; must be something to do with the quality of the speakers they put in 'em.

I remember moving house in 1996. I'd just found all the bits and got the hi-fi wired up and asked the first Mrs Green to "announce our arrival to the neighbours". What did she play? Peter <rude word> Andre's Mysterious <rude word> girl. That's what. A four bedroomed detached house and she played Peter <rude word> Andre. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! I got to the hi-fi and stuck on Led Zep II. Turned the volume up. There are times when you just have to teach your neighbours a lesson about things.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member

That vic lewis...
WAS AWSUME....

We live next to old, cranky (mean) people and we play are music loud all the time just to get back at them for they're nosieness :)

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

I like it alot, make sure its got a bitchin' guitar solo haha

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@crashing-sun)
Eminent Member

If this was written just for fun then mission accomplished. any serious thought though and I would really have to hear the music first before making up my mind. Can you post joke songs here? I only ask because some sites don't like you to post them when people are trying to get serious reviews of their work.

"Join the crazed institution of the stars... be the man that you think you really are... and you can wear a crown of roses around your cranium, live and die upon your cross of platinum..."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

So it came across as a little facetious? Hmmmm - I suppose my tongue was slightly in cheek when I wrote it, but the sentiments behind it stand....just my way of getting the point across. Another possible factor was that when OWA said "that'd make a good song title" I hadn't written anything really rock-orientated in a while so it seemed a good way of venting my spleen, while being slightly ironic at the same time....

I'm going to have a go at recording this tonight, maybe it's just one of those songs that needs to be heard rather than read.....

And yes we do live next door to loud, inconsiderate, dirty, foul-mouthed lager-lout neighbours....this is my way of having a dig at them...

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

You should set up a recorder next to the wall so that when they knock back on the wall screaming at you, you can sample it at the end of the song as it fades out. Like pink floyd.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK, just posted a rough demo here......

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=225059

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Love it Vic real Status Quo feel to it

WELL DONE AGAIN MATE :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

bugger double posting:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

They can always move away,
I ain't turning it down no way,

I really like this song. I'll have to check out the mp3 afterwards but the theme is very common. I really like my neighbours, but I am aware of some of my family and friends neighbours who are terrible.

I would think abouting changing "No way" into today. I know its a very small thing, but I can reacall conversations I've had with my friends about a strong dislike of the phrase "No way". I think "today" just has a nicer ring. Even if it is taking place in the night.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

AWESOME SONG!!!!!!!!

I haven't been in here for awhile, apparently! I can't help but think that I inspired the song just a little bit with my "pro jr. must be pretty loud." thread.

I still hate my neighbors for that one day, even though, I never talked to them before or after. SCREW EM.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2