Clear all

Someday She Will Be Mine

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here is a new song (without music) I wrote. Find out the meaning yourself. :wink:

Someday she will be mine

I met her one day somewhere
It was all nice and fine
Till she told me that she loves me madly
And I wondered what had happened now

She's a lovely nice gal
I know I like her too
But I am afraid of the world
So I keep thinking what to do

The situation is very awkward and I am confused most of the time
And maybe it will just happen that someday she will be mine

I know I have pained her in the past
She is so unsure of me as much as I am of myself
Yet we are here and talking to each other
Who knows we have got something in future

Last night I thought about her
Got her in my mind till I went off to sleep
And thought about the date
Which I had with her the next day

The situation is very confusing and I am confused most of the time

I know I have always wanted a lover, who loves me as mad as she can be
Now when I find someone like her, I am scared of committing to she

I am scared of committing to she........(Chorus)

The situation is very awkward and I am confused most of the time

Someday she will be mine
Someday she will be mine

Thanks for reading,

Rahul

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Rahul

I am struggling with the length of some of your lines ..

I am a sticker for uniformity with in lyrics myself mind you thats my own personal opinion ..

So I will wait till I hear it before going any further as I have been around now too long to to be fooled by melody and singing ..

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nice to see you're finally getting around to writing your own songs, Rahul!.....however.....

This is kind of tough to comment on - I know English isn't your first language - this reads as if you'd tried to think in English rather than your normal everyday language. Maybe if you'd tried to write the lyrics in (Hindu? not sure of your main language?) then translate them to English, it'd flow better.

Obviously there are grammatical errors...."I am scared of committing to she" jumps out of the page....to HER....but the main thing is you do manage to get your point across. Watch out for things like unneccessary repetition...."The situation is very confusing and I am confused most of the time" and try and shorten some lines.

I realise no-one's English is perfect - including a lot of the English speakers here! - and that's a big hurdle....but if I were you I would try writing in your natural language first, then translating to English, and THEN worry about rhyme schemes,etc.

However songwriting ain't that tough either.

Still think so now you've tried? :roll:

You're intelligent and you've got potential - it just needs to be developed. At the moment, your interpretative skills are ahead of your songwriting skills - and songwriting's like any other musical skill, it needs to be practised, worked at, developed and honed. You could make a start by perhaps working on the weekly topics in the Sunday Songwriter's Forum - that'd give you a chance to practise your writing, and even ifyou didn't come away every week with a top-class brand new song, you'd probably find you'd written at least a couple of good lines you might later use in a different song.

What you've got here is a start.....you need to build on that start and develop your ideas further. Good luck!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the good advice, Vic.

I never meant to say Songwriting is easy. Just commented on the video posted by Hilch there. Of course it takes lots of practice to write good songs just as in to play good guitar.

The line 'I am scared of committing to she'. I knowingly made this line so as to surprise the listeners. I wrote this song rather in a hurry. (15 mins ?). I will try to improve this a little more.

And this is not the first time I wrote a song. I made an attempt earlier also, however, due to my long association with laziness, I haven't found any music for it.

Rahul

ReplyQuote