someone copied my entire web site

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi!

to my complete shock I found out that some idiot has copied my entire web site with no shame and has only changed the name of the company where ever it appeared but I inserted the name in hidden text in several places and it is visible on a few of the pages when they are highlighted. So that the guy has my company's name imbedded in his text. What should I do?

many thanks in advance

Gal

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'd like to see it.

What are the two sites?

ReplyQuote
(@duffgurl2004)
Eminent Member

Hi!

to my complete shock I found out that some idiot has copied my entire web site with no shame and has only changed the name of the company where ever it appeared but I inserted the name in hidden text in several places and it is visible on a few of the pages when they are highlighted. So that the guy has my company's name imbedded in his text. What should I do?

many thanks in advance

Gal

okay here we go well i will have to agree that that person was an idiot but i need the web site address :twisted:

-MIRANDA BROOKS-

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, it couldn't have been too important since he/she hasn't checked back since April!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It's old, but it was amazing. They did rip it off exactly. She had put some hidden tags in her site, and sure enough they showed up in the other.

An exact copy.

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Sorry if this is naive or something, but why would you want to copy someone elses site exactly?

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

because you won't have to do any work. You can just insert your own company name.

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Surely though, by the time you've changed all the details to your own companies, you have left most of the site out though. :?

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote