SONG ABOUT THE WAR AND THE PEOPLE INVOLVED

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Dream world

Dream of a day when religion isn't war- cant change a faith with a knock of a door

Dream of a time when we can all be brothers- not fighting for land that belongs to others

Dream of a past which isn't stained with hate- no rapists, racists, murders or fascists-
No leaders above us treating us like bate

Dream of yourself in a world without time- thoughts and emotions flow through your mind

Dream of an Elysium, when maybe this is realised

Living in a world that isn't so materialised

Because Today is the day,
That Know one wants to say,
What they have said or what they've done wrong
All I know is that the Day will come for you
To get down on your knees and pray

I see you brother, you ain't got a heart to spare, no mouths to feed, a soul to share,
See me friend, all I got is me, I got a thought for you, do you have one for me
Try to see people, the past has gone they've committed the crime, the path is laid so speak your minds

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THE LYRICS, AND ANY ADVICE, THANKS ALLOT

(@garytalley)
Trusted Member

I can "feel" the meter of the lyrics of the first two lines, but the 3rd line has a lot more syllables and breaks up the rhythmic pattern you've established in the first two.

http://www.guitarforsongwriters.com

creator of #1 video"Guitar Playing for Songwriters"

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

I'm gonna agree with Garytalley, this song is really aggresive, if you tightened up the meter it would be easier for the ear to follow, and so the meaning of the words would jump out, a definite goal for a protest tune

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote