Songwriting Contest - rules draft

67 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
14.3 K Views
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

i agree

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The experience to have written a song about a theme not chosen by themselves in a short period of time.

of course, you could always check out the Sunday Songwriter's Forum where you get a different topic EVERY week.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

But where practically noone really ever writes a song around it. It's my biggest gripe with SSG, it's not really about song writing at all. :(

(ofcourse, there are always positive exceptions like some British dude who just got a brand new Fender. Forgot his name...)

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

So, it seems as if there are some pretty good ground rules and some very able and willing judges . . . . . . . may I suggest that a coordinating judge be established for communication flow and that we officially kick this thing off and establish a thread for entries . . . .

I nominate Vic. He can spell. :)

Neil

P.S. I really want that air guitar . . . . . . .

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

cool idea 8) Who do we send the lyric and sound file to?

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

So, it seems as if there are some pretty good ground rules and some very able and willing judges . . . . . . . may I suggest that a coordinating judge be established for communication flow and that we officially kick this thing off and establish a thread for entries . . . .

I nominate Vic. He can spell. :)

Neil

P.S. I really want that air guitar . . . . . . .

I nominate Vic. He can spell

Bugger that counts me out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

yeah thats a pretty concrete case for Vic... :P

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

yeah, vic should be a judge

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@saint_duud)
Trusted Member

I nominate Vic. He can spell.
Spelling is allowed?
What he said
What he said.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

well....technically...spelling is however you spell something...he didnt say it had to be right... :lol:

artistic license ftw!!

ReplyQuote
(@raystrack)
Estimable Member

I'd second the unanswered recent question - how do we submit the song file and lyrics?

I could put an .mp3 on eSnips and post the lyrics on this thread but I suspect there is a better way.

http://www.raystroud.com
http://www.myspace.com/raystroud

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

how do we submit the song file and lyrics

How about posting the music on a site such as Soundclick (which will let the judges download if they want to do so) and either posting the lyrics in the Songewriter's forum and/or sending the lyrics in a PM to the judges?

I think that the submission date is going to have to be changed; we're already halfway there, and I've no idea if (and how many) people are even working on things or exactly who we have for judges.

I don't even know if my partner (and the person who started this thing; Ness K) is even still around; Ness' last post was almost a week ago now - I was supposed to be sent some lyrics by now; I've not even seen Ness online at GN this last week :?

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I would also include Nick in the judges list.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest opening a soundclick page just for this competition - like Smokindog does for the jams and collabs. I'm still up for judging - anyone else, let me know how we're going to score songs. I'd suggest using Arjens "Your Songs Butchered" as the role model for that - though with the emphasis on the songwriting rather than the music. Obviously the finished music will have to be taken into account, though musical proficiency isn't as important as the overall feel.

Anyone still interested in entering, let me know. If there is interest, I'll open the soundclick page and PM the password for it to anyone who wants to upload their finished song.

So - can we have a show of hands, please? Who's still in? Let's set a date - say Wednesday? - for contestants to reply....then maybe a two-week period to get the song written and uploaded?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5