(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Thanks Vic.

And, yes, I'm in.

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@raystrack)
Estimable Member

I'm definitely up for it - got to organise some recording facility but the song's finished.

http://www.raystroud.com
http://www.myspace.com/raystroud

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Count me in! Should be exciting.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dammit, Matt, we should have held MLCMMB back!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Dammit, Matt, we should have held MLCMMB back!!!!

Vic

LOL- I know. But I'm not sure that song would qualify as a Life & Death category! Which begs the question...IS life and death still the subject matter of the song we are to create?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL- I know. But I'm not sure that song would qualify as a Life & Death category! Which begs the question...IS life and death still the subject matter of the song we are to create?

As far as I'm aware, yes - looking back through the thread, it would seem some people have already been working on that subject.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Oh, Thank God. Cuz I just wrote an epic 75 min 49 sec song about living and dying. Took me about an hour to complete.

LOL..(just kidding)

ReplyQuote
(@saint_duud)
Trusted Member

I'm hoping that the wednesday in question is this coming one, and that I've haven't missed my chance to raise my hand.

Translation: I'm still in.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

agreed, when does this start?
i havent even had a chance to pick up the guitar in the last two weeks :S
life...dont talk to me about life... :P

when does it start?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK, here's another couple of suggestions:

1 - Closing date for entries - I suggest all lyrics & soundfiles to be completed by Friday, 7th September.

2 - MP3 uploads - I've opened a soundclick page at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=741246 ....... I suggest anyone wanting to upload an mp3, e-mail the file to me at [email protected] and either e-mail or pm me the completed lyrics (Raystrack's already pm'd me his lyrics - what are the rest of you waiting for!) and I'll add them to the soundclick page.

Everyone OK with that, or does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Sounds good, but you might want to extend the date about three weeks. You might pick up a little steam if you give it more time.

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

OK, the other thread has reached two pages of discussion, and people seem up for the idea of a little friendly contest, so I've taken the liberty of making a "rules list" from what has been talked about so far. I think it's pretty fair, if there are any major disagreements obviously they can be disscussed.
GuitarNoise Songwriting Competition #1

Rules

The topic is to be; **Life & Death**

Collaboration is allowed, up to 2 people may work on one song. It is down to
individuals to decide how the collaboration will work, and how song is to be credited.

Work must be original - no covers submitted

Contestants must provide written lyrics and an audio file; this can be with music, or sung acapella (no music).
Any entrants who do not submit an audio version of their song will not qualify for judging.
Singing / playing quality will not be judged.
If music is written for a song, the chords / riffs may be included in the lyrics text to give a better idea of how the song will sound, if that is your choice; either in TAB or standard notation.

Songs will be judged on the following catagories;

Story or meaning behind the song - how well this is conveyed

Genre - how well does the song fit the style it was written for

Imagary - how well the song is "fleshed out" and how well it communicates to the listener / reader

Music / flow - pace of the song, rythm, ryhme, music (if applicable)
note; music refers to how well the music fits the song, NOT how well the individual/s play in the recording

Pete

OK. Wanted to summarize to ensure we are all on the same page. Here's what we have so far:

Judges:
- Vic Lewis
- Arjen
- Pearlthekat
- Kingpatzer

Contestants (to date):
- Blueline
- EmbracetheDarkness
- Ness K
- Smokingdog
- Chefie
- Raystrack
- Coleclark
- saint duud

Rules and Guildelines are listed above.
Song theme is "Life and Death"
Vic has created a soundclick page.
What is the "official" deadline date?

Frequently Unanswered Questions:
If someone has drums in their song, will that get them extra bonus points?
If someone has lead guitar, synth and backup singers, light show and lasers, will that get them extra bonus points?
If some pays the judes enough money, are they guaranteed to win? 8) (just askin!)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

A - NO!
B - NO!
C - Definitely not! (Someone else may pay more.....)

To reiterate, the music - the mp3 - is only a small part of the competition - it's about the lyrics and melody, mostly.....not musical virtuosity.

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I might do this...put me on the maybe list. :) I've been meaning to attempt to write a song for the longest time now.

ReplyQuote
 bobw
(@bobw)

hi from a newbie. I'd like to enter a song I've been working on if its not too late.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5