Clear all

$5 computer mic..

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

its just not workin for me anymor...:( is ther an adapter that will take a normal mic and let it go into my computer...im thinking that ther isnt...and i will probably need some sort of big ass box or something rite?

$MAX$

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

It might be a tad expensive, nd im sure there are cheaper ones out there, but the M-audio Mobliepre will do the trick. it has phantom power and even a guitar input! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MobilePre/

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

You mean like 1/4th inch to 3mm? yeah there are those.

you can get XLR to 1/4th inch cords. I have one. I use it for my mic a lot.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

i recomended the mobilepre because my computer doesnt have an audio in.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

A good solution is the Behringer UBx02 mixer (x = number of channels). I have a UB1002, which will offer xlr & 1/4" inputs, with phantom power, 3 band EQ on the primary inputs, etc., etc..

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@greatbeanie)
Eminent Member

check radio shack

Bach Rachs!
Music is like your woman... sometimes its a b*tch, but you would'nt trade it for the world.

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey yoyo,

i like the idea of that mobile pre...so if i buy that i can plug that directly into my pc and then plug a guitar or mic right into it?...cause if so that sounds nice a simple...

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

check radio shack

I picked up a Radio Shack basic unidirectional mic for $19.99....... comes with a 1/4 inch jack so I got a converter to make it the 1/8 inch standard jack for the computer.......just make sure that for vocals you get the mono to mono converter......... for guitar....mono to stereo. The mono to stereo won't work plugged into your mic input on your computer (experience speaking!) It doesn't look like one of those little plastic PC mics, either. It sort of resembles my Shure 58, so it looks like a REAL microphone!!! And it gives pretty good sound! They also sell a little desk stand for like $7.50 with a heavy bottom base. Check 'em out.

Here's mine........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote