Clear all

Julia lesson

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@austintool)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I've been having a few problems in the Julia lesson and I thought I'd ask for some help. I've got the melody right and the progression from C to Am7 to Em to G down fine. Then comes C to Am7 to Gm7 to Gm9..then to a Barred A chord..I've got that all down.

I start having problems when I get to Fadd9 and Fm6..It just doesn't sound right to me playing the melody I was doing before. Does the picking change at all during secion B and C? I thought the sound followed the same pattern pretty much all the way through. Am I missing something here?

Democratic President in 2040

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

why dont you try the beginner section? They might help you better over there. Keep on practicing! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@austintool)
Topic starter  

Sorry but I think you misunderstand me. I'm not having problems with the chord changes, i'm having problems with the actual picking.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

The picking patterns are pretty similar throughout the whole song. In the measures where you're going from Fadd9 to Fm6, you aren't using as many strings as you do in the other patterns as you're only playing the top four. This may account for why it sounds a bit different than the others. You can make up for that by using the barre chords (which, I believe, are notated in example #3A).

I hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@austintool)
Topic starter  

Thanks David, It sounds much better now

ReplyQuote