Clear all

A little help on new music...

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Two tunes caught my ear on the radio this past week, and I can't find anything by one of the bands....

I think the band is named "Keen", and I know it's from England. The vocalist realy impressed me in a Freddie Mercury kind of way, and I'd love to hear more of his stuff. A web search hasn't turned up anything, so maybe I'm spelling it wrong - anybody out there know 'em?

The other one is a local (Chicago) guy, A.J. Rosales. Really tasty acoustic work - check him out! His website, AJ Rosales has some sound clips - go to the 'volume knob' page and click 'radio AJ'. The cut that made me pull over my car to listen is "Resistor"... unfortunately, he's only got part of the track on line, but I've really enjoyed everything else I've heard from him too.

(edited 'cause I screwed up the link!)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

Keane

good brit band.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ah, thank you! I had the spelling wrong... those DJs ought to spell them out for thick-headed folks like me :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member

I went to that artist's site, I like it quite a bit.

I wonder how do people come up with a song like that. I mean how do you go from a chord progression and a fingerstyle pattern to something like that?

ReplyQuote
(@fretfumbler)
Eminent Member

AJ Rosales was great. I just downloaded the "Resistor" album on iTunes. I'll be wearing that one out!

ReplyQuote
(@greenstuart)
Estimable Member

Keane had the best selling album in the UK last year-it's called 'Hopes and Fears' and its the business!!!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I was blown away by Keane, and suprised that I could be so into music that was entirely piano driven... they kick really hard.

When they came to town here they used a sequencer to lay in some bass and miscellaneous effects, which was sort of dissappointing in a way, but still, very talented band. Their singer is just as good live as he is on the records, which is always nice to hear.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@longdave)
Trusted Member

Keane 'Hopes and Fears' is the name of the album, and its great! Its always nice to hear something that lifts itself out of the sewage that makes up most of todays popular music.

Although they are primarily piano based, their original recordings (demos?) were arranged rather differently, using guitars in equal proportion to the keybords. Having listened to both, I have to say that I prefer the keyboard led arrangements (forgive me!) You can find the original demos on P2P networks (if you're that way inclined).

'Bedshaped' (the last track on the album) is my personal fave.

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

AJ Rosales was great. I just downloaded the "Resistor" album on iTunes. I'll be wearing that one out!
i too downloaded this album last night... good stuff, very nice, indeed

ReplyQuote