Skip to content
A very big thank yo...

Notifications
Clear all

A very big thank you from an old friend.

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yea, its a good thing.

When you come out of the music school graduated in classical guitar, we would love to feature your experience on the homepage !

ReplyQuote
(@tritsiotlop)
Topic starter  

Would you by any chance be the Kyle who went to the National Guitar Workshop back in August 2004? Into metal, and jazz? And (sorry for embarrassing you, if it is you...!) knew how to pronounce Yngwie, but not how to spell it?

Anyway, nice to hear you're doing well - even nicer that you've come back after all this time to acknowledge the help you got. Classy!

:D :D :D

Vic
Umm, quite possibly... I think I do recall this incident, and I was there in '04, and am into metal. I don't like jazz anymore, but I did then. I also remember relating my experiences there to the people in this forum.

Were you there, or do you remember the post I made here about it? It'd be scary if I met you... I don't remember a Vic Lewis, and considering you are from England, I doubt that you would have come...

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Based on the above, I think we've found Kyle, with the unusual screen name:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9039&p=77053

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3185

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Were you there, or do you remember the post I made here about it? It'd be scary if I met you... I don't remember a Vic Lewis, and considering you are from England, I doubt that you would have come...

LOL, no, I wasn't there - the name Kyle rang a bell, so I did a search - found a member called Kyle from back then, checked a couple of posts, and lo and behold - I came up with the workshop mentioned above. Sherlock Holmes? Well, no - that's what the "search" button's for!

Like I said though, nice to hear you're doing well - and even nicer that you remembered your old mates from GN!

May your fingers grow longer, more flexible, stronger,
Your picking speed increase by the hour,
Your learning curve steepen, your knowledge deepen,
May your chords be filled with POWER!

All the best Kyle,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Your story is indeed on the GN Homepage. Congrats dude !

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2