Clear all

A Weekly Series

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I've been thinking about my own improvement as a guitarist and I thought I would share this and see if there was any interest.

Would you guys be interested in a weekly thread where I would give an assignment, and over the course of the week, we would all learn it. We could come together over the course of week to develop our knowledge base of the task, help each other get over the hurdles, etc.

It would be akin to the Sunday Songwriters Group, I suppose, except the focus would be purely on playing skill and fretboard mastery.

Suggestions, thoughts, flames, possible names, etc, are welcome.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Sure, thatd be cool, if you are up to it. It could be a real weekly article type thing (very short though) with a link to the thread in each one. Itll bring more people onto the forums too. Im sure theres a ton of people that read Guitarnoise.com stuff without using the forum.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

My concept was really just to do it as a thread, basically to avoid having to jump through the hoops of article submission, especially since all I really needed was a few sentence blurb for each assignment.

I'll take it into consideration though.

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

how about "Sunday Mastery Group"?

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

FYI: It would probably be Saturday or Monday based, Sundays are usually crazy busy for me.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

A similar impulse led to the "Lessons" forum. If you're thinking along the lines of utilizing the lessons on Guitarnoise, all you'd need to do is either add your assignment to an existing lesson thread in that forum or start a new thread on a lesson that's not already represented there.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

The one issue you may run into is the very idea of circumventing the lesson submission process. I believe our hosts would like you to utilize that process so they can maintain some editorial control. This helps insure that the instructional material here is accurate and of the high quality that brought us here in the first place. You should probably have some communication with David, Nick, et al, before going too far with this, or you may be disappointed.

ReplyQuote
(@freerider)

I like the idea and will join in if it happens :)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Im sure theres a ton of people that read Guitarnoise.com stuff without using the forum.

You're absolutely right. As much as I hate to admit it, I hung around GN for about a year and a half before I started participating in the forums!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

You should probably have some communication with David, Nick, et al, before going too far with this, or you may be disappointed.

Most definitely...

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I hung around GN for about a year and a half before I started participating in the forums!

Shame on you !!!!!!!!! :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote