Clear all

AB Switch

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been looking around at different pedals and I can usually figure why you would use them but the one I can't seem to understand is the AB switch. Otyher than the obvious answer that it let you switch where the signal goes out to (or comes in from) what would you be switching between?? Different guitars on the front side?... different amp on the back side?

What you you use this kind of pedal for?

(@97reb)
Noble Member

If it is an AB/Y pedal it can do two things for you. 1 - You can run two different guitar set ups thru the sam amp and switch back and forth (personally don't do this). 2 - You can run one guitar thru two different setups and amps. I use my A/B pedal for this. I do not have any stereo chorus or delay or anything like that, so this helps me play thru different amps and you can really tweak your sound nicely doing this. You can have the amps across the room from each other and get a stereo effect or put your amps right togethor and get a big fat sound. I seperate my amps for a left/ right guitar sound. I find my A/B pedal quite valuable.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So you have two separate effect setups and you switch between one or the other and/or both?

Ahh.... more pedals.... I see :D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Signal Flex Deluxe A/B box SF-DAB allows switching from one input to two outputs or two inputs to one output. It allows for both A & B to operate independently, but also together and has an AUX in which you could have two different guitars connected and two different amps running seperate or together or for connecting different effects routes, etc. A very useful toy.

Joe

ReplyQuote