Acoustic / Electric song effect help!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

I'm working on a song with the band where I'm playing the rhythm part - Avenged Sevenfold: Gunslinger. It starts out acoustic, then switches to electric.

any suggestions on getting by without buying an acoustic simulator pedal?

Here's what i have to work with:
SG Faded -> Dynacomp Compressor -> Decimator Noise Reduction -> Digitech Bad Monkey -> Digitech hardwire valve distortion -> Rocktron Tsunami chorus -> Digitech Digidelay -> MXR 6 Band EQ

What I'm currently doing is turning down the tone knob on my rhythm pickup. Then I'll lower the bass on my EQ. This makes the tone not quite as bright which makes it better for strumming acoustic parts...(well, than just playing all the way up). Does anyone have better suggestions for this? There not much time for transition between acoustic and electric

Thanks!

(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i just watched their video online. It appears that they use distorted electric on rhythm through the whole song when on stage. I suppose i will do it this way.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Just throwing this out there, don't know if it would work, but what if you played an acoustic electric and used the effects from the pedals like an electric and just used an acoustic?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the suggestion. That thought did occur to me. Unfortunately I do not own an acoustic electric :( I might eventually be in the market for one, but I just purchased a mic and accessories, so my spending is done for while

ReplyQuote