Skip to content
All solid wood guit...

Notifications
Clear all

All solid wood guitars? Around $400 USD?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm likely to, having narrowed down my choices, either go with a Seagul of some sort or a Garrison G-20. The Garrison, is, made out of solid wood. Granted the back and sides are Canadian brich which is supposidly cheap and nto as commanding as Mohagamy but it's still solid wood. Satin finish everywhere, and decorative materials usually found on cheaper guitars (chrome, mother of pearl, etc.) and granted the store I went to probably has it very cheap comparativley, but it's all solid wood. I'm thinking, can this guiatr really have decent wood quality? Or is there anythign else that offsets the all solid wood build? I mean, solid top and back Seagulls and Yamahas and others are pretty expensive compared to this, which also adds in the solid sides and bridge and fretboard. Sounds too good to be true?

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

How does it sound?

I mean Garrisons use that pre-made plastic bracing, but so what?

If it sounds good and plays well and feels right, go with your gut.

I had someone email me the other day about what guitar was it I was using when I recorded such and such. "Was it the Collings?" No. Actually it was a Washburn with solid top and laminate back and sides.

It was a cheap guitar. I bought it used for $100 bucks.

But how did it sound? I guess like a Collings.

Garrison has a pretty good reputation. I'd go for it.

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Haha, thanks, althoguh, I'm not that type f person unfortunately. I don't have an ambition to sit and try a thousand guitars and go with my gut. i'd like to tell someone what I want, and have them find a guitar that matches that sound and fetch me the model they personally think is the best of the lot. I don't know, I think it's just easier that way. Proably foolish, but easy. Anyways the Seagulls are what we came to with my guitar teacher, but I just saw the Garrison at a store today and thought it was really cool. Not quite sure if it matches the sound I want, but in general a very nice sound overall (what I mean is I thought the sound was ncie but I'm not sure if it's what I want to write my songs with and...well...I don't mean to overstate the improtance of this point, is none.) I'm wondering if it's even worth considering simply because a low price for an allwood guitar seems akward.

ReplyQuote