Clear all

All-star quality mistakes

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone who has tried to record, even in the comfort of their own home, understands how difficult it can be to play a fairly mistake-free piece start to finish. You don't even have to record yourself playing to know this. So, with that said..

Does anyone know of some examples of famous guitarists just plain messing up? With the technology today guitar work can be sliced together, dubbed-over with the correct work, and shoddy guitar work taken out altogether, but are there any guitarists out there who are real enough to let the occasional slip-up onto the finished product? And with that said, are there any examples of painfully obvious slip-ups?

Live is another story, and I'm often surprised to not see screw-ups more often. Live screw-ups are welcome too, because I wouldn't mind seeing/hearing some of that (for example: something on YouTube or a song that made it to a live compilation album.) I'm no sadist, but I would like to see some mistake-laden guitar. Stevie Ray Vaughan flubbed a walking bass-line once on tape, he must have. George Harrison flubbed up a chord to the point it was unrecognizable. Segovia had a brainfart and stopped mid-Asturias because he forgot what came next. You know it happened.

All I want to hear is some samples of humanity. Don't upload any MP3s or anything, that isn't legal. But if you've got an idea of a song that would fit the bill, just point out the title/album.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.