Clear all

amazing guitar video

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

has anyone seen that amazing guitar video? the one that is like 7 days and you'll be a better player or something like that. i was thinking that that might be a useful video, then i wasn't sure. if you've seen it, was it worth getting? thanks

(@karl-78)

I would like to hear myself, I read the whole pitch and it looked like a bunch of infomercial type crap but I may be wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

We had a series of posts down in the opinions and polls on this video.

The general consensus? So-so at best.

I recommend getting Tom Serb's book on theory, or Kirk Lorange's Plane Talk. Both of them are excellent values.

ReplyQuote
(@qrious)
Trusted Member

The Amazing Guitar video is primarily for beginners. It teaches alternate picking, some finger stretching exercizes, the G major scales in thirds, and a rather confusing, typo filled explanation of the CAGED system which comes with it. There are a couple of other things, but that's the bulk of it.

I couldn't necessarily endorse it, even for beginners. There are plenty of better options out there.

When you've done all you can to practice...practice some more.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

Now I am confused - this is from this weeks newsletter from David:-

'At Guitar Noise we have been recommending Andrew
Koblick's Amazing Guitar Video for some time now. Every
week we see great feedback like this...'

I ordered it on this recommendation!!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I ordered it on this recommendation!!

Well I guess you know what that means, another review.

You have to understand that everyone is different. Not all of our brains process the same data at the same rate. Some ways of teaching, sets into peoples brains better than others. Most good reviews are based on the fact that the people were able to “grasp” the teachers “teaching method(s)” better than others.

It's one of those, “You don't know until you try it” type of things.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

....it wasn't for me so I just used the money back refund.

ReplyQuote
(@qrious)
Trusted Member

I didn't exercise the money back option, but I should have. For example, his exercise on the G major scale in thirds which he charges you for on the video, he teaches for free at cyberfret.com.

All of the concepts he teaches are very simple and easy to understand. There is nothing difficult about any of it. As I stated earlier, it's beneath the intermediate and even the "advanced beginning" guitarist.

Even for the beginning guitarist, I'd would suggest looking at other alternatives. That's just my opinion, of course.

When you've done all you can to practice...practice some more.

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all that imformation. i'm not gonna buy it. i have enough beginner guitar junk that never helped much.

ReplyQuote