5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
I've been looking at EMG-HZs and found they have a Flyod Rose model here
http://emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=17&catalogid=171
...So are they saying that if I have a flyod rose trem I have to get a flyod rose 'compatible' type pickup for it, I cant just buy a standard H4 or what?

(@blutic1)
Reputable Member

Floyd Rose trems are spaced a little larger than most "standard" trems. These pickups are specifically aligned for the FR system. You can put in any other pickup and it will sound fine. I have a FR and an EMG 85 in the bridge and two SA single coils. They are fine. I think this is probably a marketing scheme.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Seeing as were on the topic of EMG's i have a 81/60 set but recently got a second hand guitar that i'm fixing up. I'm considering loading it up with a EMG HZ H4 set. does anybody here have these they are the passive = of the 81 that i know but i'd put more faith in what you guys said than someone trying to sell a product.

Thanks

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member

I've played both quite a bit and I don't think there is that much difference. I think the passive are great.

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

im pretty sure the harmonic balance will be a bit better with the floyd pup. I'm actually planning on getting one for my guitar, so I can put the d'marzio i got for the neck where it should be. (my bridge pup died, so I put in the d'marzio for the time being)

ReplyQuote