Any Berklee students or grads?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@thedude)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I've been strongly considering pursuing the study of music in college and Berklee seems very appealing to me. They have some interesting programs for acoustic and electric guitar. I just wanted to hear from some current Berklee students or recent grads (don't have to be recent but that might provide an updated view of the school). Did you like the environment, programs, and instructors? Are they strict in what they teach or do they promote experimenting?

Thanks,

Justin

http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL174/2016453/3903966/98827354.jpg

(@jkeel546)
Eminent Member

Hey Justin,

I'm also really interested in Berklee's elec. guitar program. After I finish my undergraduate degree (Computer Science), I'm thinking about enrolling in their diploma program. How about you? Are you in high school at the moment, or older? I keep wondering whether I'll be out of place as an older student, and whether I'll be at a disadvantage because of my age.

Josh

Check these guys out - Tree63 http://www.tree63.com

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I bet you there are some people who jam at that school. I mean really, really jam. Really.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

I got accepted, but decided that due to location, style and budget restraints, GIT would be a better choice for me. Let me know how you like it and good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I know a couple of people who have attended Berklee, and they say that you definitely learn the "Berklee Way", which was a bit restrictive for at least one of them. However, Boston is a great place for all kinds of music (and general fun), and they all say that the jamming experience outweighs any reservations about the curriculum.

ReplyQuote