Any country fans?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ok all you country music fans. I need some help.

I don't follow much country music but I do checkout soem videos now and then and the past couple of times I've caught this new video being played that is very catchy and I really want to learn it.

Of course I don't know the name of th band something like Old something something, and the song has the line "Hey Hillbilly" it's kind of an up beat song that seems like it would be easy and fun to play.

Oh yea there's a bunch of hot chicks dancing around with little shorts on....I like that too.

But if anyone can tell me the name of the song or has/can tab it out that would be great.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Val
(@val)
Estimable Member

Is it Hillbillies by Hot Apple Pie?

http://hotapplepie.dreamworksnashville.com

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

I just saw that video last week for the first time. They basically stole the "Bo Didley" riff. I'll have to take a look for it in my DJ show and see if I can figure out all the details.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Val that's it and Jonny your right I think that is the Bo Didley riff, I knew I heard that before I couldn't remember where though.

OK so does anyone have the tab?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Bo Didley or Hand Jive or maybe both.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Gotta love plagiarism. You know, I'm graduating with a bachelor's in english here in a month and it never fails to amaze me how accepted that is in the music industry...at least in comparison to academia. If you so much as reference a person's ideas in a paper, w/o some sort of citation or credit, you'll be practiclly crucified. Imagine: if things were this way in music; the first person who wrote a 12 bar blues would essentially own the progression! (in that key, not accounting for "color", tempo etc.)This mentality has led me to throw out many valuble chord progressions I came up with....not any more though :)

Nothing to add on the subject of that Bo Diddley riff, but I've been waiting for an opportunity to bring that up. Its strange when you think about it...

ok, time to rip off some Zeppelin :wink:

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Kid Rock does it all the time and even mentions it in one of his songs.

Their are lawsuits once in a while but not nearly as much as there are rip offs... particularly when it comes to rap. I mean the best rap songs are those that rip off a great rock song.

B.A.M.A.

Nelly/Timberlake

Janet Jackson

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member

Okay, talk about plageurism, How about Gwen Stefani and her version of the Broadway hit "If I were a rich man"?

As far as the song, isn't that what all country music sings about?

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

ReplyQuote