Skip to content
Any multi stringed ...

Notifications
Clear all

Any multi stringed intrument people here?

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@starryhope)
Topic starter  

I've been playing the guitar for about 20 yrs, just inherited a banjo. It's kind of old, the top tuning peg is painful to turn and buzzes and the thing is as heavy as lead, but I'm digging it.

Anyone want to discuss?

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Multi-stringed instrument, huh? Well, I play the guitar and it has six.

I play the mandolin and bass as well. Not too good on the mandolin. No banjo, though.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

I have a 12 string if that counts :)

always wanted to learn the banjo though

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Good place to find info, I'm positive there's a few banjo players who read this forum. As for me, I actually started out on bass and moved to guitar later. I'm a fairly useless uke player, but I don't think that counts for anything.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I've heard a rumor that Santa is bringing me a Mandolin, so I will be a multi stringed instrument person in a couple of weeks.

Here's a link to a cool sight with banjo lessons.

http://www.folkofthewood.com/page5304.htm

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I might have a banjo *ahem* but I wouldn't admit it.

ReplyQuote
(@vempyre)
Trusted Member

i play my violin..

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

banjo ... bass ... building a lap steel ...

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

I try to play my uke at least once a week. It's fun to take a song I've learned on guitar and try and play it on the uke.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'm not as proficient with them as I use to be and have numerous stringed instruments hung on the halls. The few I did play on a regular routine would include mandolin, bass, violin, Polk-a lay-lee. I can still get them to to talk.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I started to play the orchestral bass in school, butI've always played guitar at home. At one point, I played a little viola but it didn't interest me enough

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have a 12 string if that counts :)

always wanted to learn the banjo though

Yep....... 12-strings and 6-strings (and the occasional 11-string or 5-string!) Am considering a dulcimer..............

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

I've got two empty spots on my guitar tree.... want to fill em with a mandolin and an electric-acoustic. To go with my ESP electric, other Stage electric, Riviera classical and my good ole Aria 12-string.....

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Violin, and piano. (Do 7 Strings count as a different Instrument?)

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@hughm)
Trusted Member

I've been playing the guitar for about 20 yrs, just inherited a banjo. It's kind of old, the top tuning peg is painful to turn and buzzes and the thing is as heavy as lead, but I'm digging it.

Hey, an old banjo is a noble thing. People look at it and they say "would you look at that tired old hound" but when they hear the happy little noises coming from it, they smile. It's really hard to play sad music on a banjo. My Dad gave me a S.S. Stewart banjo built in 1903. You can't hear the thing more than about a kitchen table away; it's as ugly as a mud fence; but it's a good for old guitar ears like mine to listen to. I can also hide behind its decrepitude. No one expects silver finger playing on a banged up old pooch like that. Keep playing banjo. It's good for your guitar mind. So's mandolin.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2