Any Other Backing T...

Notifications
Clear all

Any Other Backing Track Sites?

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

It looks like GuitarBT is having bandwidth issues and has disabled it's downloads section. I know about Greg's Midi & Tab site already but was wondering if there wereany other decent sites?

Thanks

(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Try this one,it has a few I am currently using: http://www.guitarbt.com/
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Try this one,it has a few I am currently using: http://www.guitarbt.com/
Robbie

Thanks but please re-read my original post...that site has disabled their downloads

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Bad news about GuitarBT as I find it a useful resource. I've just read the thread about the reasoning behind it and it s because of bandwidth issues and the cost to upgrade to a higher bandwidth. It also states that the download section will be back up and running at the beginning of september although larger files may be excluded from the list. Which is kind of good news.

Hope they can come up with a permanent resolution to the problem. I'm not a regular user of the site but it comes in mighty handy on occaision.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Sorry Mike My Bad

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Mike, I don't have any links for you, just wanted to welcome you back, we mentioned you the other day in the "Has Anyone Heard From" thread.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

You probably want something you can get off the 'net, but Hal Leonard's "Guitar Play Along" book series all come with backing track and the CD also comes with "Amazing Slow Downer" software. I remember you writing you were looking for "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and I've got that in their book (Volume 4, I think). If you'd like, PM me and I'll send it out to you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Bluesblast

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You probably want something you can get off the 'net, but Hal Leonard's "Guitar Play Along" book series all come with backing track and the CD also comes with "Amazing Slow Downer" software. I remember you writing you were looking for "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and I've got that in their book (Volume 4, I think). If you'd like, PM me and I'll send it out to you.

Peace

Thanks David...I have a few of the blues play-a-long books. They are nice but if you only like one or 2 songs from the book then it's not really worth purchasing. I may check Amazon to see what songs are on what volumes. The GuitarBT was AWESOME because you can just download the songs you want. I got a lot from "greg's" site I listed above to keep me busy but it's always good to have alternatives.

Thanks Tom for that link! There are few blues tracks I may play around with!

Off He Goes...Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Olav Torvund blues and assorted other MIDIs in many keys and tempi. Some good lessons and general info as well.

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Somebody posted one a while back that was in Japanese, I hope they post it again, because it was a great site.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Download has been reactivated on GuitarBT.com

Lets hope the bandwidth issues have been sorted.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote