Clear all

Anyone else ever had this?

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

For the first time ever, in my 2.5 years of playing, I have developed a blister on my RIGHT hand (strumming hand).

OK, bit of the backstory;

After being at home from uni and not having access to a guitar for a fortnight, I finally got back and sat down to play my beloved acoustic. And play I did. For about 5 hours, the last 3 hours being fingerpicking mostly.

After putting down my guitar, I realised that I have developed a quite large blister on my right hand ring-finger, from plucking the high e string a lot.

Anyone else ever had something like this happen??? It's a new one on me!

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh yeah. I've blistered the fire out of my thumb, strumming with it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Absolutely. Especially when I'm learning a new song.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

No blisters, but my fingers get a little sore, one reason for learning how to play with fingerpicks and regular picks.

For years I didn't use picks, then I started to try, more difficult than I realized after years of fingerpicking. I wish I would have used one from the get-go.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@ab0msnwman)
Estimable Member

ha try playing bass then you will get some real blisters

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ha try playing bass then you will get some real blisters

I can testify!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

ive never had blisters on my right hand, but i have had major callouses on my left :D

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'm doing a few rehearsals with a band as a bassist at the moment, it was the first time I'd played bass for more than about 10 minutes here and there in at least a year. After the first two hours I had a small blister on my index finger of my fretting hand, underneath my callous *wince*. Couldn't use that finger for anything for a couple of days until it died down. The next rehearsal was 4 hours, and I was fine by then and haven't had a problem since. I think it was just that I tend to use a different part of my finger for the bass, I flatten it a lot more.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote