Clear all

Art & Luthrie 12 string

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I went to the shop to pick up some strings and the manager, who obviously knows me, tells me to hold on. He runs to the back and brings out this guitar. He tells me "Don't look at the brand, don't look at the price, just play this." I started playing and was blown away by the sound I was getting out of it and its playability. The action was electric low and it sounded great. Now, I almost bought it right there, but I dont have the cash right now. Hopefully I will soon, but that aside, he had it stickered at $265. Is this a good deal? Are these guitars generally of that quality so that if I don't get this exact guitar the next will be just as good or did I get a rare gem and should go pick it up asap?

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Art& Lutherie guitars are Canadian made, and they are very high quality. They are owned by Godin, who also manufactures Seagull, Norman, etc. etc. , which is a great company that has a reputation for producing high quality guitars for great prices... I have a Seagull M6 myself, and I couldn't be happier. I can safely say that this guitar will blow away any other acoustic under 1000 anyday.... I absolutly love it!

I say go for it if it sounds good and you like it! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My main concern is I dont have the money right now. Being a poor college student is hard and as of right now I owe my school 3 grand I dont have. Im wondering if all of these guitars are of the same quality as this one or if I found a gem. I know there are good and bad in every model, but I just dont have the money for this right now even though I love the guitar. Am I going to find another comprable one just as easily?

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

Art& Lutherie guitars are Canadian made, and they are very high quality.

Ok YOYO....dl0571 had you START this whole thread, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously dl0, maybe you can talk down the price a bit, or better yet, maybe put it on layaway? Pay it off slowly. Yes....there ARE gems among the rough, but remember.....there are always MORE gems to be found out there. If it is meant to be....it will happen.

Let us know what you do.

Hey NICK....this is TWO 12 string threads in ONE WEEK. I think we need to add a 12 string FORUM!!! :wink:

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey man, I own a six string Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry. I love it to death. It was my first guitar, and I would never sell it. It sounds great, looks great, and in a few weeks, when I get the full setup done, it'll play great (again) too. You really can't go wrong with them. I've had mine since about Febuary 2003. The neck screwed up, and had to go back to Quebec for a replacement neck. However, this is a very rare occurance. For the price I really don't think you can do any better.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote