Clear all

Seagull acoustic/elec

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Anybobody here have any recomendations re a seagull with pickups, Looking to buy something to replace my Norman acoustic. Have become addicted to electric help but would still like to play unplugged from time to time. Also wondered if I have to buy a seperate amp, presently have a Peavey Blazer 158 and a Fender Deluxe 900. Don't need two acoustics so a trade on the Norman at my Godin dealer is likely. I see a cutaway seagull s6 that I sort of like. Any real differences between quantum PU's and Fishman?
Robbie

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

You could just put a pickup in the Norman, and save yourself the trouble of buying another guitar (Yeah, like buying another guitar is trouble... :cool: ).... I reckon your regular amp will do alright, but it will be a bit colored I think... Here are some easy to install pickups: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=acoustic+soundhole+pickup&hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en-us&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler Acoustic pickups can range from 30 bucks to 500 bucks! :shock: Hope this helps, and if you decide on buying another guitar, I'll gladly take the Norman off your hands... :wink:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Not sure if they'd be in your price range, but you might want to look for an artist series sutaway with a spruce and/or cedar top. My experience with cutaways is you always lose a little bit of the acoustic sound, so it's even more important to A/B a couple of models/levels.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for this. It did cross my mind to install a pickup in the Norman but was kind of wondering if it would perform the same as a factory setup, I have been quite happy with this guitar so that would really do the trick. Anyone on this board gone this route and were you happy with the results? Also wondered if this is a do it yourself project or do I have to go to the" big city to have it installed?
Robbie

ReplyQuote