Clear all

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mikec)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I found the tab for Babe I'm gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin. It appears all arpeggio. Is this a song you play fingerstyle or can you play it with a flat pick. (I can't finger pick yet although I have meant to try and learn for a while now). It is as difficult to play as it looks?

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yes, yes, and no.

BTW, this is the area where you post actual "songs", not questions about songs. People will see your topic heading, and then - no song. :shock: You may want to change it so it doesn't confuse people.

Thanks,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I flat pick that song.
actually, it's more of a hybrid picking where I also use my middle finger.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@mikec)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. Didn't mean to mislead anyone. Thanks for the tip.

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Hi MikeC,

I don't think this is the wrong forum for your post. It is guitar players' discussion and we are discussing guitar playing - no confusion here but maybe I missed something. Anyway, I fingerpick the song and sometimes plectrum pick it. Page most likely played it finger style but I think it is fine to play it with a pick. If you want to learn fingerstyle, why wait, BIGLY (is that acronym right, bigly) is a great song to learn with. BIGLY is actually the first song I ever played fingerstyle and I had first learned it with a pick.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I found the tab for Babe I'm gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin. It appears all arpeggio. Is this a song you play fingerstyle or can you play it with a flat pick. (I can't finger pick yet although I have meant to try and learn for a while now). It is as difficult to play as it looks?

This was also the first song I learned to finger, but I still normally use a pick when I play it.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi MikeC,

I don't think this is the wrong forum for your post. It is guitar players' discussion and we are discussing guitar playing - no confusion here but maybe I missed something.

It was originally posted in the "Easy Songs" forum, and from the subject heading, looked like it was a posting of the actual song. It's been moved to this forum, so no harm-no foul. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@mikec)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. I have just decided I would try finger picking...you're right, it is a good song to learn with. It'll probably take me a while but why not.

ReplyQuote