Clear all

Beatles Complete Songbook

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi all, just thought I'd like to post a helpful (At least to me) tool for Beatles songs. It is VERY long, so I just consider it as an enclyclopedia reference for Beatles songs. This includes basicaly every single Beatles song ever released. It isn't always 100% accurate, but again, I just use it as a reference.

NOTE: This is NOT a scan of the book "Beatles: Complete Scores". It is just a compilation of transcriptions from fellow fans. So, it is not in violation of copyrights in that area.

Download is 1.8 Mb

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16GPN0PC1D87V1EICQ3790Y0E1

EDIT: Mods, if you find this "illegal", or anything of the sort because of the new actions taken by the MPA, feel free to take it down. :)

8)

Stairway to Freebird!

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

awesome YoYo, u da man 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Difficult question. Although the copyright is acknowledged, the fact remains that all Beatles songs are still within copyright and the book, the site it was downloaded from, and the guy who put it all together could find themselves on the receiving end of the MPA litigation if he didn't get the copyright holders' consent to publish the songs in that form.

I don't know if it's possible to trace people who download something like this from a particular website, so you might be safe if you download it and don't distribute it; but don't quote me on that.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Thank you.............

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Another copyright discussion may spark off...the songbook is good..meanwhile.Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Cool YoYo thanks

I have the Complete Beatles but the version in your book of "you've got to hide youre love away"
is much better ( I love the Dsus D D6 D progression in the first version, it sounds really cool) but this brings a question....

In the second version of the same song, how do you play D/C D/B D/A ?

Thanks

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@alfsevic)
Eminent Member

hi kblake,
the song is in 3/4 takt so you play the d chord with emphasis on the d bass (D du du) then staying in the d chord c bass on the fifth string (D du du) then b bass on the fifth string (D du du) then open a bass (D du du). hope it helps
alfsevic

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice Yoyo! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Difficult question. Although the copyright is acknowledged, the fact remains that all Beatles songs are still within copyright and the book, the site it was downloaded from, and the guy who put it all together could find themselves on the receiving end of the MPA litigation if he didn't get the copyright holders' consent to publish the songs in that form.

I don't know if it's possible to trace people who download something like this from a particular website, so you might be safe if you download it and don't distribute it; but don't quote me on that.

A :-)

I got it from a friend who sent it to me through email. Don't know where he got it. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

I taught myself how to play 20 years ago with "the beatles complete"! I learned more chords in six months from that book than I have in the following 19 years!

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I taught myself how to play 20 years ago with "the beatles complete"! I learned more chords in six months from that book than I have in the following 19 years!

:shock: :lol:

BTW, as I've noted, this is a different thing. It's a compilation done by fellow guitar players, NOT a scan of the book "Beatles: Complete Scores"...

And if you've downloaded, turned to the very back! It has a gazillion chords that I never even heard of until now... :shock:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well, I'm glad it's not just a copy of "The Beatles Complete" songbook - because, IMHO, that is total garbage! I spent good money on it...is there a tab/sheet music for "While my guitar gently weeps?" - NO! is there a tab for "Something?" NO again....

Most of the chords, I have found, are incomplete....not all the lyrics are posted to most songs, and some are in the wrong key - I don't know who copied/transcribed them, but I'd love to know what he was drinking/smoking at the time....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

If you want to hear most of the songs in what appears to be a legal way (if you can read Japanese) since you can not download anything and it is only pieces (although large pieces) of the song try this link:

Beatles

If anyone has any inclination whatsoever that this is illegal let me know and I will take this post down.

By the way, does anyone know how to make that rooster sound in Good Morning on a guitar :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

oh and looking back at the original post, Yoyo, I'd say the "Beatles Complete" was far from 100% accurate - I wouldn't even give it 10%....but thanks for a good try anyway - not your fault mate!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Vic, man, if this were 100 percent accurate, I wouldn't blame the MPA! :D That's the whole point man. As I've stressed, this NOT a scan of the "Beatles: Complete Scores" book, far from it. If you want complete, 100% accurate scores, shell out the $50+ and get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0793518326/102-8480403-1880101?v=glance&n=283155 . You can say all you want, but it's pretty damned good compared to $50+ bucks! :D

BTW: The title is from the file name, I didn't name it! 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2