Clear all

Best Guitar under 200.

25 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Alright.. I'm getting a new guitar. I've grown attached to strat-style guitars (not superstrats), but a tele could be cool. This includes copies, like Rondo music copy's and Dragonfires. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I have a real nice Washburn strat copy that I got on ebay a few years ago for $120

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member

I think the Squire strats and teles are the best buy for the money. Most are pretty well set up from the factory or can be easily set if not. The tele probably will hold in tune better being a hardtail guitar. I have a strat and blocked the trem so it works well for me. I am partial to the Affinity series, lighter guitars and seem to be pretty solid (although usually made in Indonesia or China) Some of these can be had for around 200 dollars and include the amp and supplies as well. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Squier Affinities, the new Richwood series (golden logo, not the black ones!), London City, Yamaha Pacifica, Dean Avalanche S.

ReplyQuote
(@jay_ashcroft)
Trusted Member

If you can try and find a 80s Squier Strat Affinity series guitar. They are AWESOME!!!!! I have one, it was guitar that i started on, picked it up for £140, since then i have bought a Gibson Les Paul and a Ibanez and my Squier is still my main guitar. My guitar tutor swears by the 80s models, he prefers them over real Strats. The newer ones aren't that good, i think they mustve changed their production process in the 90s or something cos they not very impressive at all.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Squier constantly changes their production. I myself really like the new series they've been pumping out. Maybe not as good as a USA fender, but they only cost 10% of the USA price...

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

The new Squiers have been totally redone with two point trems and they kick a! What you should try to find is a Squier 51 look at the reviews on Harmony Central. Haven't played one myself but I'm still looking 8) 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@alexduller)
Trusted Member

yeh...take a look at the squier 51 and tele customs (featured in guitarist magazine)...they look and sound really good fo the money....

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5328/guitarsig6bw.gif

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Give humbuckers a chance! :lol:

My vote for the Epiphone LP Special II.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Eh undercat... I dont like painted necks... :?

I'm definatly going with a S/S/S strat, just dont know which one. Got the amp, cable etc etc.. And Jay Ashcroft, I dont' exactle think a MIJ Strat's gonna be under 200. :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Those Oscar Schmidt 335 copies on MF are very nice, too.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I'm definatly going with a S/S/S strat, just dont know which one. Got the amp, cable etc etc.. And Jay Ashcroft, I dont' exactle think a MIJ Strat's gonna be under 200. :roll:

For some tonal variation you ought to consider a humbucker in the bridge position.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@jay_ashcroft)
Trusted Member

a MIJ Strat? When did i say that? Im confused

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oops.. I thought you mean't a MIJ strat because most 80's strats were MIJ i think. :oops:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Those Oscar Schmidt 335 copies on MF are very nice, too.

I've been looking at the OE30 and OE40's and wondering if they are worth the money compared to one of the Artcore models.

How do they stack up?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2