Notifications
Clear all

Big hands, little hands

33 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

That is a very interesting study. It makes you wonder how much we really don't know about...everything. Who would have thought that finger length and testosterone exposure would be linked?

The finger thing is pretty non-conclusive when it comes to playing, IMO. Look at Shawn Lane! I've seen enough shed demons on youtube to pretty much put that theory to rest :D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@fah-q)
Estimable Member

from reading this it sounds like i got fairly large fingers i sometimes use my thumb for notes on the a string my ring and pinky are long and skinny but my middle and index are long and fat partly because i cut a tendon on my index and after surgery came this large cist and also cut a knuckle on my middle but i still play

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Really small hands, I mean, REALLY small hands!

Funny thing, when I started playing, I would always look for a guitar with a narrow, short scale neck, thats why my Buckel was made the way it is. 1 3/8ths inch wide nut and Gibson scale, also the neck is very thin.

But as I got older and got more guitars, I found that thicker and heavier necks made it easier for me to play faster and bar chords quit being so hard to play. In fact, my Dean acoustic twelve has a neck that would make a really good telephone pole!

I think that anyone can get used to any guitar if you play it enough!
I like a wide neck for chords and a thin neck for lead playing, JMHO.

But, everyone should apply their own tastes.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3