Clear all

Boosting Leads Over The Mix

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tommy

To answer your question, I keep the Fish and Chips on all the time. I have it on a pedal board, so it is powered by the pedalboard. I use it after my Zoom GFX-1 multi-efx pedal to fine tune my tone. I do not always have the settings the same. What I like about EQ pedals is that you can bend down and quickly adjust your tone for various songs or situations. Once you get familiar with the pedal this is a very quick and easy thing to do. I already know what settings I will use on certain songs.

I do not use it as a solo boost, but I have experimented and this pedal will do this very well. The far right slider is a Volume. At 1/2 it is normal. Above half will boost your volume over your amp, below will cut your volume.

I also like the suggestion about using this pedal to limit your volume and then turning it off for a solo boost. That never occured to me. Sounds like a great idea. :D

I would get an AC adaptor. But it is easy to know when the battery is low on this pedal, your high frequencies will squeal. First time I heard it I thought the pedal was defective. But it was just a low battery. Many pedals will act funny on a low battery, so this is nothing unusual at all.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I have a volume pedal connected to a seperate amp. What I do when I'm playing rhythm I have the volume pedal set to off. Then when I need to reach out and get some I start increasing the volume pedal which is connected to an all tube amp thats turned up pretty darn loud. I control the output of this amp with the volume pedal and only use when I need to break out of the mix.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2