Clear all

Can you believe this?

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

In Belgium (for those who didn't know: an even tinier country south of Holland) there is a pretty large music store called 'Piens'. Plenty of gear, rather high prices. Anyway, this store recieved some bad press in some Dutch/Belgian fora because of some nasty stuff the store had done. (for example: selling a E700 instrument under a different name for E3500)

Now guess this. That loser who owned the store actually banned people from the store because of what they said on the internet. He himself had searched for bad press, and either used their name or email to get a match in their client database. One customer who wanted to buy a few picks was kicked out of the store and wasn't allowed to buy anything! :shock:

It is so insanely absurd, had to post it. :evil:

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

And now you are banned as well, Arjen?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

lol they have a lot to learn about the free market eh? that's crazy :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Doubt he's checking ALL forums. Besides, it's a nice store to browse but way too expensive for me to actually buy anything. As a matter of fact, wouldn't mind him putting me on the block-list if that means he'll stop spamming my mailbox with commercials. Asking for a price of a guitar apparantly makes you a client for life... :roll:

special offer: microphone from 150 for 100. if you pick it up in store you pay E50 administration costs. If you order online, you pay E50 transport/administration. Mind boggling.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Thats crazy, it seems the guy's extremely desperate for ripping people off. Do they stock all modern stuff and new instruments?

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Sooner or later someone will sue him for his guitar fraud. Would have happened in NY already for misleading people and taking their money. :twisted:

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

And banning people from the store is certainly no solution, at least not one a decent businessman would make. First of all, you're obviously losing customers. OK, even if you don't want those customers, what about all the people they are going to tell. If these "unwanted" customers are already talking in forums, etc, banning them is certainly not going to quiet them.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Doubt he's checking ALL forums

Oh, he's checking Arjen.

He knows all about you.

And he's just waiting for you to come in his store.

The Owner

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

He's the owner? That's gonna be fun, they've got another dealer around nicknamed 'The muscles from Brussels.'

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, this brings up a really important question.

Is it better to have really cool sunglasses, or a really big gun??

Myself, I'll take the glasses. I don't think I could hold that second gun steady enough to hit anything. That thing must weight 200 pounds. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

It's fascism I tell you, fascism. Or maybe it's just fun to accuse things of being fascism.
And now you are banned as well, Arjen? LOL

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hey, I have visited Groningen. a good friend here in the states has relatives there. Ytsma, is the last name. lovely town.

I have travel a bit in Belgium. met some very friendly folks.

it's hard to fathom the depth of that store owqners paranoia and control freakism.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Wow, this brings up a really important question.

Is it better to have really cool sunglasses, or a really big gun??

Myself, I'll take the glasses. I don't think I could hold that second gun steady enough to hit anything. That thing must weight 200 pounds. :D

Nah, the real thing only weighs 16.5 pounds
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/oicw.htm
Can you believe they're going to foist that on the poor American infanrtyman?

As for the store owner, having seen what people get away with in a medium sized market like Toronto, I can believe it :x

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think I'd refer to him by a slightly rearranged version of his store name, if he's doing that.
:P

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

ahahha. Oh man, that's brutal, but it must be making him money. I myself wouldn't wanna make my living ripping people off...but some people are just big "piens" rearranged.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2