Clear all

can't choose

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@wannabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well, Ive been doing some guitar shopping and played about 10 different guitars from a few different music stores and I've narrowed it down to two.
They are both in the 350 to 500 canadian dollar range.
The Ibanez jetking and the Jackson JS 30.
Ive read some reviews at Harmony Central about both. Overall both have decent review but some say pups are crap, but I dont know if they are expecting the same performance as a 2000 dollar les paul or sg, which you won't get.
I do like both guitars and just wondering if anyone has some opinions about them.
I like to listen to and try to play stuff like G&R, AC/DC, Ozzy and the like if that helps

Thanks for the help
Cheers
Brian

I don't understand, I got the guitar, and the beer, the commercial said I'd be a rock star by now...

the reason we fall is so we can learn how to pick ourselves back up

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I just bought a Jackson a few months back a DK2 Dinky and I like it alot.

I never played an Ibanez even though I have an old one an ex-girlfriend left so I can't compare but they feel similar in my hands.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

If you like the pickups, then they aren't crap.. buy the one that you want. Also you might want to look into Epi's, Ibanez' other models, etc.. for kicks. :) happy buying!

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

despite what other people say, HC is full of peopl's reviews, whichh means how they interpreted the instrument. I say just try both of them and see whichever one you feel the most comfortable qith. If after, you want to change the sound of the guitar you chose, you can always switch the pickups to capture the sound you're looking for

good luck with whatever you choose 8)

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Another thought one might consider would be an BC Rich.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I know where I live it's relatively dry (just south of you in Idaho ) several dealers have had problems with the JetKing it seems the necks keep warping( I know of at least three of them dealers had to send back before they were even bought) Ibanez claims it's the dry climate, so beware I do love the sound of the JetKings and would have bought one if there hadn't been so many problems.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@voodoochildtwj)
Trusted Member

i would recomend a Mexican Standard Stratocaster (Fender) or Fat Strat if you have another 100 to put with it and from those two i would pick the ibanez because i love how low you can make the action

ReplyQuote
(@wannabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys, Thanks for all the suggestions. I went back to the guitar store and played the guitars through a 15 watt practice amp instead of the big tube amps that i was plugged into initially. I found, mostly from playing the second time, that I do like the feel of the jackson a little better. Just seems to fit me...

can't wait to go to the shop again and pick it up. Colbalt blue I think.
like the dual humbuckers.

Thanks again
Cheers
Brian

I don't understand, I got the guitar, and the beer, the commercial said I'd be a rock star by now...

the reason we fall is so we can learn how to pick ourselves back up

ReplyQuote