Clear all

Carvin's customer service

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

is horrible. I placed an order this week which I abrutly canceled. I spoke with a customer service rep who said it would be canceled. I have emailed them 15 times without a response. Then yesterday I come home and the is a door tag from fed-ex. I am suspecting that Carvin sent my order hoping I would accept it. I will only refuse the package if it is form them. Has anyone else had a problem with them??

(@denny)
Reputable Member

I would try to phone them before you do anything else. Perhaps the product was sent before they got your cancellation notice. Email can be frustrating at times, but a phone call can usually straighten the matter out. Geel luck.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I have heard they are the pits to deal with ... best of luck.

Of course, when you cancel the credit card payment, they might take notice. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Hard to believe they would ship a guitar that fast. Most Carvin guitars are made to order, and therefore take several weeks to ship. Unless you ordered one of their in stock guitars, which are usually the result of cancelled orders.

I have also heard that their customer service is not great. But, that is the case with most companies!

I have not had the pleasure of playing one, but I hear they make very nice guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I have also heard that their customer service is not great. But, that is the case with most companies!

Yeah, I was actually surprised at the GREAT service I got from Ernie Ball / MusicMan. Called in, was patched directly to a technician who answered all my questions. And the replacement part I needed for my bass was inexpensive, too. Great company, and for that reason I would consider another MusicMan guitar without hesitation. Same with Digitech - I misplaced the software CD for my GNX Workstation, and they sent me another one at no cost! It's too bad Carvin has a reputation of not going out of their way to encourage customer loyalty, but they do make good products.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I find it extremely ironic that a DIRECT SALES company like Carvin would suffer from such poor customer service. I've never contacted them before, so I have no idea if what you are say is true, but if it is I'm suprised that they could continue to prosper. It doesn't make sense.

Usually direct sales companies have far superior customer service wince they know that they are the face of the organization and there is no buffer layer (like distributors and retailers).

As a complete 180, Warmoth - another direct retailer - has exceptional customer service.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

From what I read & hear, lots of the complaints with Carvin customer service appear to be caused by the complexity of their product line. Each guitar is "custom" ordered by the consumer. There are many decisions to make when ordering a guitar there and lots of confusion, from what I read.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

I have a Carvin, and I've been very happy with the guitar. Overall, I would say that the support people were really good when I dealt with them, but the sales people were not that great.

One of the reasons for the "dissatisfaction" you see on the internet from about them is probably the fact that they charge a change fee if you order a guitar and then decide to change options after it has gone into manufacturing. However, they have a "no questions asked" 10 day return policy -- so, when you get the guitar, you can try it out and return it if you don't like it. Can't beat that for a semi-custom guitar.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote