Clear all

chords...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rhcpfan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey, oke so i have writing my first song. Now I want to create the guitar parts but I dont know were to start. I decided the intro will be guitar only, but anyway can you guys give me some tips. If you want to see the structure and lyrics let me hear.

thnx, RHCPfan

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Invest in this book, it will answer all your questions. Well worth the $$ paid:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Write-Songs-Guitar-Guitar-Playing/dp/0879306114/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-1950170-0260012?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179003890&sr=8-3

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Also, be sure to cruise the songwriting forums on the board! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Also, be sure to cruise the songwriting forums on the board! :wink:

Better still, try posting the lyrics in the songwriters forum - you might get some feedback there on chords etc.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

I'd think posting a sound clip would be more useful... I just came up with what is likely a pretty good chorus for a song and currently have absolutely no idea what chords I'll be using, though I do know what it will sound like, it's more I don't know the key I guess. At least, I knew how I wanted it to sound in my head when I wrote the lyrics down, the music I assumed I'd remember (or more likely I realized I had no idea how to write it down even a basic overview of what I wanted without figuring it out by playing it on guitar first). Good luck with your song though.

Editted in:I also meant to say that my plan for figuring out the chords is I'm going to try singing it (ruh roh) first, and then try a few different chord progressions until I find one that fits... so basically I'm going to trial an error this one but I think that will work for me.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

There's plenty of sites out that there really help with this. Justin Sandercoe has some fantasic lessons on youtube. http://justinguitar.com/ That's his site right there. He has a video that explains what chords sound good with what notes, etc, etc.

He has some good lessons on power chords too. I strongly suggest checking him out.

ReplyQuote