Clear all

cat interference

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sapho)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Honest to God I don't know how to handle this or what topic heading it should come under. I inherited a cat who was being terrorized by toddlers about a year ago and ever since she moved in I cannot pick up my guitar without her scrambling for cover and looking all scared and panicky.
I know it shouldn't bother me but it does. I've tried to get her to like it. I've held her paws up on the strings to get her to feel it to see that it doesn't hurt her. It's giving me a major complex. I used to play for hours at a time. Now my practice time has gone way down. She follows me around this one bedroom apartment. I can't pick up the guitar without her flipping out. When I play my CD she's fine. She seems OK with my recorded vocals and guitar playing but 'live' she's the worst audience I've ever had. She sleeps in my guitar case. But she runs whenever I start to play. I can't help but take it personally after awhile. I want my music to soothe the little animals not scare them away. What's with her? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. And no I can't get rid of her - except for the guitar 'thing' she's the most adorable kitty in the entire universe. If it's jealousy, well, my music should come first, right? How do I cope with a jealous kitty?

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.