Clear all

Compacting m4a...????? help me computer genous's

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I HATE M4A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STUPID APPLE... when i ripped all my cd's to my hard drive itunes made it all m4a files....now i cant burn them as an mp3 cd...I can usually put about 140 songs on each mp3 cd....so i can tranfer them to my freinds computer....but since half my music is m4a i can burn it only with itunes and each cd holds like 20 m4a files like a normal burnt cd......my question is....is ther away to burn a compact version of m4a so i can put alot of songs on one cd?...and yes i no....i can always convert the files from m4a to mp3 with an encoder but that would take me like 4 years with all the songs i have...so any ideas guys?...thanks

$MAX$

(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

The only way I know around it is to burn them as actual audio files and then rip them back as mp3.

Edit: I thought you were talking about songs bought from the iTunes music store, but if I understand you correctly, you're talking about ripping from actual CDs. In that case you just change your options to import them as mp3 rather than mp4.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What I generally do is make a folder and copy & paste the music files into until I there's around 700 MB of music files inside the folder. Then I burn the folder to a cdr. it won't play in a regular cd player, just a computer. Give the cd to your buddy, then he'll have to copy the folder to his harddrive and burn the individual songs to cd's that will play in a regular cd player.

I backed up my music files on E:/drive there is 8 Folders which was right around 200 songs that I burned onto one Cd. You never know when windows might decide to blue screen or your hardrive takes a dive.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@frequeniquity)
Eminent Member

i dont know if you would want to but itunes can do it for you while keeping the tags the same.

go to edit>preferences>importing and it gives you an option as to which file type you want to use. by default its apples aac codec. change it to mp3 and put the bitrate you want. click ok. go back in your library, select the ones you want to change. if its every single one, do edit>select all. right click, then click "convert selection to mp3" it will then do it for you automagically.

this is for windows, on a mac it shouldn't be too different.

You can dance, you can dance, everybody look at your pants.

ReplyQuote
(@frequeniquity)
Eminent Member

oops...

i just reread your post and it seems that all you want is a data cd.

edit>preferences>burning>data cd

should work for you.

You can dance, you can dance, everybody look at your pants.

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thankyou frequeniquity....both ur methods work good....

thanks a bunch

$MAX$

ReplyQuote