Clear all

computer recording interface Tascame

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

okay lol i have posted like amillion messages trying to find out how to make decent qaulity recordings on my computer lol and now i believe the easiest way is this little machine right here it is the Tascam US122:

http://www.music123.com/Tascam-US122-Audio-MIDI-Interface-i97813.music

it simply connects into my USB input and into my soundcard

it seems like a reasonable price, easy to use and it will take a mic and a guitar :)

what do u think?
do i still need a DI BOX with this machine?

thanks,

max

$MAX$

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I have been looking at different ways to connect to my laptop. I started thinking last thursday about the same one. I have the laptop setting on top of my rack equipment for adjusting midi and pre-amp setting without having to tweak setting by turning knob and pushing buttons, it can be done with a click of a mouse. The built in sound card works fine. This would allow me options to connect more on the raod.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

what do u think?
do i still need a DI BOX with this machine?

No DI needed for this. Anything that comes with an input specifically for guitar is ready-to-go.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

what if its not for my laptop just for my extremly powerful home computer?

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

If you are using the USB interface into your PC(s) -- same answer: No DI box necessary for the US122. The US122 acts as a completely separate audio card for your PC -- you don't even need the PC's audio card to use it. The fact that it has line level inputs switchable to guitar inputs means it already has built into it the equivalent of a DI box. As long as the US122 drivers are compatible with your PC operating system and your PC is quick, has lots of RAM and disk space and a free USB port you are ready to go. Check the US122 PC system requirements and make sure they match your PC.

Of the things you've asked about so far, this is the simplest solution.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

lol tahns for al ur help gnease i think the simpilest might be the best way for now its not that expensive it seems to fit all my requirments i have 512 mb's of ram and 128 gig hard drive so i think i will be all good :)

thanks again

$MAX$

ReplyQuote