Clear all

Connecting amps?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just bought a Vox DA15 ( http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=9&TempID=10&STRID=134133&Method=0&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1495&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode= ) and its a really nice amplifier, but I was wondering is there a way to connect a smaller amplifer to a larger amplifier? Like if the smaller practice amp had some cool effects, but I needed them to be played out of a larger amplifier, is that possible?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

If I'm not mistaken there's a pedal called an ABY box, basically it has three functions, it can switch from Amp A to Amp B, and as well it can play through both amps with the Y function, I'm not 100% about this but I'm fairly confident that they do exist.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You would need a line out on the small amp and a line in on the big one. You can't simply connect a line out to the instument in, because of the difference in impedance. It's possible that a stomp box (e.g. EQ, or maybe a DI box?) would have impedance matching in-/outputs, so that you could have DA15 line out > EQ > big amp instrument in.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote