Clear all

Cool rigs site

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this site but I'll post it anyway.

http://guitargeek.com/

It's a site that shows the different setups your favourite guitarists have had over the years. And it doesn't just tell you what guitars they used, but what distortion pedals, wah wah pedals, amps, pre-amps, cabinets and whatever else they used. It's basically for curiousity since most of us can't afford the thousands of dollars of equipment. But it does provide you links to online music stores so if you wanted a distortion pedal like Kurt Cobain's, it'll take you right to the page.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I went to this site awhile ago and almost bought everything they linked to. :D

WARNING: Site causes serious G.A.S. :lol:

By the way, are you angry about something? You seem to be screaming in your avatar :twisted: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

By the way, are you angry about something? You seem to be screaming in your avatar :twisted: :lol:

Lol. Angry? No. Frustrated? Maybe. This site makes me want a Boss DS-2 Distortion Pedal. I mean, I'd probably use an amp that had distortion built in but I want that pedal anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only person here that's had to have something even though they knew they wouldn't use it. So much equipment and so little money. I actually know the next two guitars I want to buy once finiances become availible. Is that normal?

Edit: I just listened to the sound sample for the pedal and now I really want one. I had just to click that link..............

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Ive seen that site before. thanks for posting it as I lost it when my computer dies last year.

I love Angus's setup (AC/DC) two big Marshalls an SG and a cord.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Is that normal?
Quite normal.. Thats why we all have G.A.S. real bad :lol:

I seem to want more of everything myself and some things I don't have. I am actually not broke right now but still holding off on a couple of purchases just to see if I can do it :lol: I already broke down and bought one of them so maybe I just don't have the will power anymore.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@galis)
Eminent Member

I think im afraid to even click on any of the links now, the last site i browsed through ended up attracting me to a bass guitar i can afford in the least, especially not in my current financial standpoint.

I know how you feel OneWingedAngel, just recenty i ran across a custom made bass guitar with the design i've been pretty much drooling over for some time (Widow) and i don't think i would have even used it, would have just mounted it to the wall.

Thanks for the site link though, it'll keep me busy gawking over some of the equiptment.

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Frustrated? Maybe. So much equipment and so little money. I actually know the next two guitars I want to buy once finiances become availible. Is that normal?

Edit: I just listened to the sound sample for the pedal and now I really want one. I had just to click that link..............

LOL, and you're different than who?

How do you think I feel? Been a drummer for 30+ years. Now I want to rekindle my guitar fancy and there is so much gear out there I don't have.... :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote