Skip to content
Currently playing m...

Notifications
Clear all

Currently playing my father's Washburn hollowbody...

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@slick1235676)
Topic starter  

I'm playing my dad's old washburn hollowbody it sounds great and my schecter at the moment is broken, my favorite guitar. I'm looking to get a guitar that I can smoothly play leads with, I heard ibanezes and jacksons are good for this, should I just repair my schecter or keep playing my washburn or is there something else you would recommend?

By the way, I'm Tom, and I just joined guitarnoise :lol:

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

depends on what is wrong with the schechter and how much it will cost to fix. generally, it's cheaper to fix things and schechter is a good brand, i've heard.

ReplyQuote
(@slick1235676)
Topic starter  

yes but its a cheaper schecter, a diamond series.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

then i wouldn't know. you should wait for more replies. what's wrong with it?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Take it to a guitar tech in your area. Most either won't charge anything, and some charge just a small amount to look at broken equipment & let you know how much it would cost to fix, and if it's worth fixing.

By the way, welcome to GN Tom! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@slick1235676)
Topic starter  

The place where I go a lot to jam and learn new stuff, i just learned, fixes my whole guitar up for free and puts on new strings, for the price of strings. I think I'm going to do that.

ReplyQuote