Clear all

Custom Guitar

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I am finally breaking down and building me a custom hand crafted guitar (granted I'm not the one handcrafting it). http://www.warmoth.com they have a liscene with fender and gibson and they make replacement guitar bodies/parts. This is the place when those great musicians in the world break a neck on their guitar or something... they order the new one from here.

Its goign to run me about 850.00 total -minus whatever pickups i put in it.

Hollow body Thinline Nashville Telecaster with F Hole and Strat Comfort Contours made of Swamp Ash painted Translucent Blue with a solid maple neck/fretboard with clear satin finish... 24 jumbo frets.

Should be a awesome...one of a kind... hot pickin guitar

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Sweet.

When you get it, post some pics. Translucent blue - nice :)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Seems like it will be an awesome guitar. Definitely keep us updated!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

I'm actually building one right now to. I've been waiting on the body for 3 weeks but i'm assured it takes four so hopefully soon. If you need to buy some of the parts for it check out Guitarelectronics.com or allparts.com. They have a lot of different things from different brands you may like. Have Fun and i definetly need to see some pics!!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sounds interesting. Have you considered the +/- of 24 frets? Sounds good in terms of more notes, but it forces the neck pup closer to the bridge -- makes for a noticable tonal difference. The result is a bit harsher and more strident: better for metal and hard stuff, and worse if you need rounder, midrange tones.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Crazy.....congratulations, and hope you are happy with the end result.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok my only hold up is Pickups i dont know what three I want to put in it.. .Texas Specials, Gold Series Lace Sensors, Starndard Nashville Tele.

I play country, Old Rock and Praise and Worship but the pickups are confusing.. I want the Lace Sensors like the jams burton nashville tele... but I hear they don't hand so well with distortion????? And on occassions I need a little... So anyone know or have any suggestions......

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

How does the warmoth compare to a carvin custom?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Have you looked around the telecaster forum? There's a lot of info on modders, builders and building there. There's also a pickup section, and a lot of the guys seem to have tried various pickups in the same guitar over the years.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php

The one thing that comes up over and over again is that when Warmoth gets something wrong, they tend to freak out when a customer complains. Whatever you decide, I'd make sure you keep all documentation.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

never tried carvin custom.. .warmoth has the fender liscense a greement so they make all parts to fender specs.... all it is is a fender custom shop/gibson too.....
the only thing i'm getting from warmoth is the body and neck.... all other parts i'm buying and installing my self....

So from warmoth,, im getting the:

Finished and pre drilled/routed body
and the neck.. all i got to do is put them together and intonnate of course install all my other hardware...

So hopefully no problems.....

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Lace pups are a bit weak from my experience. I think you'd be happy with the Texas Specials. I guess it depends on if you can handle the single coil hum.

You should also check out Bill Lawrence noiseless single coils. I think they are the best on the market. The crazy little pickup shop that Bill runs is reasonably priced, and they make the pups for YOU. Nothing off the shelf. You should check them out.

http://www.billlawrence.com

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote