Clear all

Difference between new and old deluxe strats

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, so this S-1 switching system on the new american deluxe strats caught my eye, and some of you may know that I am looking into buying a new strat from my other posts.

I am looking on ebay, and I know the S-1 system is on the new models (2006), but what separates the old deluxe's from american standards?? Meaning, what makes them so much more deluxe?

This may be on the wrong message board, but I don't know where else to put it.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Good question. Take a look at the website http://www.fender.com

You should be able to find your answer there.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I really can't, I've tried, does anyone know the answer off the top of their head?

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

really the only way to find out is to make a note of all the features that a new deluxe has and then research the old ones to find the differences.
i'm sure there has to be information on the web somewhere.
when i bought my deluxe in 2004 i wanted a "new" guitar so the features it had versus the ones made before or used on ebay or wherever didn't appeal to me or even enter my reasoning. as far as i can remember "off the top of my head" the main differences are probably the samarium cobalt pups, the s-1 switching and maybe the tremolo type. other than that i would suspect that the hand rolled neck/fingerboard my be unique to the deluxe as well as locking tuners. some of these options may only have been offered on my deluxe because it was a 50th anniversary but i'm not sure

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Go here and ask some other forum members Fender Forum

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote